My gt just failed its MOT :) Kind of gutting as Im skint after just paying off insurance.

Failed on rear wheel baring, cv boot, the rear fog not being the right colour?? and then the horn wasnt working which i'd completely forgot about.

Just wondering how I go about fixing the horn? Is there things I should check before replacing the actual horn? As I have no idea how to do this any help would really be appreciated.

I'll have to get the garage to do the baring but want to try and fix this part myself to keep costs down.

Thanks for any help! :)

My gt just failed its MOT :p Kind of gutting as Im skint after just paying off insurance.

Failed on rear wheel baring, cv boot, the rear fog not being the right colour?? and then the horn wasnt working which i'd completely forgot about.

Just wondering how I go about fixing the horn? Is there things I should check before replacing the actual horn? As I have no idea how to do this any help would really be appreciated.

I'll have to get the garage to do the baring but want to try and fix this part myself to keep costs down.

Thanks for any help! :)

Check the connections on the horn, make sure there clean. Wee rub with a bit of sandpaper or something to clean the contact. If nothing check your fuses for it :).

Bearings are a doddle but you need a press.

Cv boot clip or is the boot itself burst?

Can get a fog light from any motor parts shop.

Check the connections on the horn, make sure there clean. Wee rub with a bit of sandpaper or something to clean the contact. If nothing check your fuses for it :) .

Okay thanks I'll give that a go.

Yeah the boots split so will deff need a new one and yep I dont have the right tools to do the baring so will just have to pay for the labour unfortunately.

Thanks for the help tho!

Hi Chris,

Know how you feel! Check the connections for the horn and make sure you have even got a horn! my old GT Didnt even have one lol!

I would get the other bit's sorted by a garage! you can source the bit's on ebay / here... cheap! :)

Hi Chris,

Know how you feel! Check the connections for the horn and make sure you have even got a horn! my old GT Didnt even have one lol!

I would get the other bit's sorted by a garage! you can source the bit's on ebay / here... cheap! :)

Haha im glad you put that, just been out and looked...not even a horn there lol. Preety much solves that one :)

On to the rear foglight...I cant even see one of those either lol do some GT's not have them?

Haha im glad you put that, just been out and looked...not even a horn there lol. Preety much solves that one :)

On to the rear foglight...I cant even see one of those either lol do some GT's not have them?

There you got then, you can get a horn for about 10-15 Quid! is the wiring there? if you want a wiring diagram or pics let me know.

By law car need's a rear fog light, it could be someones removed it or it go damaged and was removed, but by the look's of it say's in your first post 'wrong colour' it's probaly got the wrong bulb in there! i would have a look first.

If you get stuck, take a picture of the rear and we can check the rear fog out! :)

Check the connections on the horn, make sure there clean. Wee rub with a bit of sandpaper or something to clean the contact. If nothing check your fuses for it :).

You don't need a press for the rear bearings - they really are a doddle.

You only need a 12mm and 14mm socket/spanner to remove the brake caliper and pad carrier, maybe a flat head screw driver to pry off the grease cap and to help get the caliper prised off and a pair of pliers to get the split pin in and out, finally I think about a 19mm socket or just and adjustable wrench for the bearing nut which only needs to be hand tight.

You don't need a press for the rear bearings - they really are a doddle.

You only need a 12mm and 14mm socket/spanner to remove the brake caliper and pad carrier, maybe a flat head screw driver to pry off the grease cap and to help get the caliper prised off and a pair of pliers to get the split pin in and out, finally I think about a 19mm socket or just and adjustable wrench for the bearing nut which only needs to be hand tight.

Aye your meaning you can put it in with a socket and hammer? I wasnt going to say that but I've done it that way before? Or how are the back bearings fitted?

The front were pressed in, i did both mine? :)

Sorry if im being thick bud?

Cheers for the replies guys. I've got a horn sorted now so thats no probs and there is wiring there. In that case I'll give the bearing ago my self and hopefuly it shall be sorted in the next few days :) In the meantime my bro's just came round and lent me his new scirroco until its sorted so im not complaining :)

Cheers for the replies guys. I've got a horn sorted now so thats no probs and there is wiring there. In that case I'll give the bearing ago my self and hopefuly it shall be sorted in the next few days :) In the meantime my bro's just came round and lent me his new scirroco until its sorted so im not complaining :)

Good good!

Haha... Result!

Aye your meaning you can put it in with a socket and hammer? I wasnt going to say that but I've done it that way before? Or how are the back bearings fitted?

The front were pressed in, i did both mine? :)

Sorry if im being thick bud?

No the rears just pop into the disc, they pretty much fall out when you take the disc off the rear shaft.

you need a special friend who can do special MOT's lol, mind you i think having no horn is abit dangerous lol

Haha yeah true! Least its a push to sort it out anyways otherwise i probs wouldnt have. Not to keen on how this scirroco feels to drive and start stop is wierd at first but it looks beaut anyways :)

No the rears just pop into the disc, they pretty much fall out when you take the disc off the rear shaft.

Ahh do they? Nice one for futue reference! Cheers bud :) I just presumed they were like most other cars. :)