what engine oil do you guys use/recomend

right well im going td04 by the end of this month (thats a promise) and part of me fitting everything in the process is to give the car a damn good service ready for the new power

so whats the best oil to use and any recomendations , like should i bother flushing the engine etc if so how do i do it ?

but really i want to know these 2 things blat !

1) best engine oil to use

2) best radiator/coolant fluid (im guna change to a civic rad)

cheers you guys :thumbsup:

I could never find a straight answer to this question looking on here and TGTT, it seems any good branded fully synthetic oil is the way to go, i wouldnt bother flushing it unless your oil is filthy black. If you do just put some cheap oil in, ASDA cheap mineral oil is easiset cheapest way to do it, think its £1.59 a litre!! filll it up, drive about 50 miles then drop it and put your good stuff in.

Coolant i have just stuck in a good bottle of halfrauds stuff, B) i dont think there is any difference between brands, its all the same chemical Ethylene glycol B) sweet tasting but deadly by the way lol

right well im going td04 by the end of this month (thats a promise) and part of me fitting everything in the process is to give the car a damn good service ready for the new power

so whats the best oil to use and any recomendations , like should i bother flushing the engine etc if so how do i do it ?

but really i want to know these 2 things blat !

1) best engine oil to use

2) best radiator/coolant fluid (im guna change to a civic rad)

cheers you guys :thumbsup:

Everyone i ask for engine oil suggest Amsoil Dominator. Either stock or fully forged engined.

But they are very expensive.

Also redline water wetter for coolant. Some speak for 15+ deg lower water temp.

i was thinking of flushing it with some of that stuff that looks like it comes in a coke can haha !

dya have any links guys to the products you used , im off 2moz so i may pop in halfrauds after my tattoo and pick some bits up

any 5w40 or 10w40 fully syn will do.

I use fuchs sikolene pro s, which is one of the best in my opinion.

Millers is good too!

5w40 is slightly thinner than 10w40 so its better for cold starts up as it protects more.

I dont tend to flush my engines though. and ive never had any problems(touchwood)

hope this helps dude

any coolant should do really.

cool well i used 10/40w last time and never had problems as its not freezing in norwich and rarely snows lol so ill just pick up some middle rand 10/40w fully synthetic :thumbsup: now all i need is the td04 and im good to go haha

I run mobil super 2000 semi-synthetic 10w-40 always have always will, I've ran my high spec forged lump pn it for 10kmiles and never ever found any reason to change. Full-sythentic is ott for these engines and not as good for them. Also semi and fully should bever be mixed so unless its a fresh built engine or you have a profesional flush i wouldnt change over to fully either.