im goin to be removein the air con on my gt soon to save some weight an load on the engine and for ease of changing the oil filter.

have got all the rear interia removed at the moment but may well be putting back in due to noise and only haveing 2 seats

Carbon bonnets are lighter and you can even get FRP (Fibre Reinforced Plastic) bonnets wings doors and tailgates!!!! i should imagine after all that and stripped out and aircon removed your car would probably blow away in a slight gust of wind :):p:p

the rear seats dont weigh much at all, removing them wont see much difference.

air con is prob about 25kg's worth, lighter wheels would help (mine are like 4kg each :/), removing boot trim, no ice (using ice in the first place is going against what removing weight would achieve :/), if you want decent tuns use a small lightweight amp and some decent comps in some sort of custom pod, will be nice and light and sound good.

although, the reason starlets handle like crap in the first place is due to several reasons, the main being they're TOO light, they skip all over the place and dont get as much grip as they would if they were heavier, so being too lightweight aint always the best idea, especially for handling.

the main being they're TOO light, they skip all over the place and dont get as much grip as they would if they were heavier, so being too lightweight aint always the best idea, especially for handling.

mmm dont actualy agree with that, if your suspension is set up right you shouldent be skipping about anywhere

i have a carbon bonnet.

also when i trackday or drag mine, i remove all interior other than front seats, dash and front door cards.

when my roll cage arrives ill be stripping it totally with 2 lightweight buckets in the front.

also removed my air con pump, rad and all associated pipework. that will weigth the most out of everything.

unless you wany to hear every single stone ping under your chassis, dont remove the interior. there noisy enough with the interior in.

if you want to remove as much weight as you can with it still being comfortable,

ding the air con system, get either a carbon or frp bonnet and lightweight seats up front and dont forget the wheels, get some nice lightweight 4kg rims. gives you extra acceleration along with ditching weight.

you can go hardcore like frp doors, wings , bootlid etc but then it gets silly. unless your racing it and not driving it on the road forget it.

mine doesnt skip anywhere in a corner, point the front, nail the throttle and the back follows perfect.

obviously thats as long as you have set up the geometry perfect, but even standard starbos dont skip round , they just feel like an unsteady boat on a rocky ocean :)

awesome mate. some good work there. did you do the conversion ?

also what camber are you running? obviously neutral camber settings will gain full traction in a straight line, but fuck cornering with it lol.

are you dragging or tracking it ?

enzo - this situation of being 'too light' has been discussed on tgtt, its not bs im making up, its actually got some validity too it :) hehe

its all about grip really, if they're too light then the best tyres in the world aint gonna get the level footing they need.

Has anyone done and weight reduction on their Glanza's

i know its not a heavy car as it is, but little less weight cant hurt.

spare removed and general boot shit, but replaced with some ice so its heavier now.

any ideas????

Hey Neil,

It all depends on how far you want to go...

I've removed everything, including air con and heater matrix etc, one seat and a harness is all that's left. To save weight though keeping the interior (a bit pointless) you could fit perspex rear 1/4 windows and rear screen etc. carbon bonnet or frp, lightweight rims

You could always remove the engine and use your feet ;)