dropping boost and backfireing

That good then you got a hks actuator I think that's how your boost will be controlled. I think its you fuel cut mate I think standard is about .6 bar so when your boosting at .8 your hitting the fuel cut and that why your car doin That and ok when you drive normal

That good then you got a hks actuator I think that's how your boost will be controlled. I think its you fuel cut mate I think standard is about .6 bar so when your boosting at .8 your hitting the fuel cut and that why your car doin That and ok when you drive normal

were does the fuel cut switch thing go because the lad said it allready had an hks one shouldnt that be able to take the boost? if its there at all lol

yh if its fucked then its not going to work is it.

How sure are you that its fucked. other then the face your hitting fuel cut lol, But not all the time? It might just need to be re adjusted?

yh if its fucked then its not going to work is it.

How sure are you that its fucked. other then the face your hitting fuel cut lol, But not all the time? It might just need to be re adjusted?

any ideas were this unit is usally put and how to tell if its not working right i cant get in touch with the kid who sold me it

Right, I'm the 'kid' who he bought the car off.

First a few things to get clear :

1) Boost is a adjustable actuator which is set to 0.8 Bar, however I've known it to creep just past to around 0.9(Occasionally depending on circumstances)>

2) It has a HKS FCD which is behind the glove compartment, I never ever touched it from when I bought it but was setup to 0.8.

3) It has a turbo timer, a blitz one.

Funny thing is the day I bought the car home it was torrential rain and did the exact thing, felt like engine was cutting out and juddering, but wouldn't do it if you built the boost up gradually. How did i fix the problem at the time? Replace the spark plugs, problem gone (Water had go in through the vent). So changed spark plugs and see what happens!

One thing to consider is the Air filter being so close to the vent, possibly taking in water? I'm no experts but that could be considered.

Just to clear my name here, I've not sold a 'lemon' car ran fine apart from the clatter which was clearly described and agreed by Paul (sticky lifter, shim problem). Like advised, don't go ragging the nuts off it until you've checked! I'm no expert but will try and help as much as i can here.

Finally, I've not had any calls from you so I wouldn't of known, and if i did I would of been on here to help!

Right, I'm the 'kid' who he bought the car off.

First a few things to get clear :

1) Boost is a adjustable actuator which is set to 0.8 Bar, however I've known it to creep just past to around 0.9(Occasionally depending on circumstances)>

2) It has a HKS FCD which is behind the glove compartment, I never ever touched it from when I bought it but was setup to 0.8.

3) It has a turbo timer, a blitz one.

Funny thing is the day I bought the car home it was torrential rain and did the exact thing, felt like engine was cutting out and juddering, but wouldn't do it if you built the boost up gradually. How did i fix the problem at the time? Replace the spark plugs, problem gone (Water had go in through the vent). So changed spark plugs and see what happens!

One thing to consider is the Air filter being so close to the vent, possibly taking in water? I'm no experts but that could be considered.

Just to clear my name here, I've not sold a 'lemon' car ran fine apart from the clatter which was clearly described and agreed by Paul (sticky lifter, shim problem). Like advised, don't go ragging the nuts off it until you've checked! I'm no expert but will try and help as much as i can here.

Finally, I've not had any calls from you so I wouldn't of known, and if i did I would of been on here to help!

ye cheers brad, been trying to get hold of ya but i think my iphone is playing up will check the fcd tmrw as am going to work soon .