dropping boost and backfireing

hey guys ive just bought me a glanza today it is a lovely car from a kid in devon on the way home it was raining and i went to over take a car booted it it boosted but then it started backfireing and it was like the turbo dropped all boost and then back to normal when i backed off, scince then ive been out in it in the dry and it is still doing it not everytime just wen i really boot it, it seems. im told the car has hybrid ct09 front mount intercooler external waistgate and coupple of other bits and bobs, the turbo and engine both work brilliantly apart from this problem any help? p.s im new to this and this is my first turbo car so be gentle, ill get sum pics up tmrw

Fuel Cut.

Do you any idea on how much boost the car is running. PSI, Or bar?

(Does it have a boost gauge, what does the needle move up to on the boost gauge?)

Engine Pics aswell please mate.

Fuel Cut.

Do you any idea on how much boost the car is running. PSI, Or bar?

(Does it have a boost gauge, what does the needle move up to on the boost gauge?)

Engine Pics aswell please mate.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2945011.htm this is the link to the car there is a pic on there and the spec is:

Zisco exhaust manifold

Jperformance exhaust decat back heat wrapped to back box

Hybrid ct9 with decat pipe runnin 0.8 bar boost. ( New from Dec)

Aircon removed (still have air con if buyer wants to refit it)

Relocated Air filter

HDI intercooler kit

Bailey Dump valve

Die hard battery

Walbro 255LPH Fuel pump.

Fuel regulator

HKS fuel cut defender

Magnetic Sump plus

im really worried hope i havemt bought a lemon

im down road from you. and from what your describing... it sounds like Fuel Cut as the helpfulo people above have said...

FUel Cut is the ECU's safe Limit, because too much boost is being built up, so it cuts the spark plugs out, which is what causes the huge bang (fuel going through engine into exhaust)

So if you have a boost gauge, see what its boosting too and let us know, gurantee it'll be above the safe limit of around 0.8bar :)

im down road from you. and from what your describing... it sounds like Fuel Cut as the helpfulo people above have said...

FUel Cut is the ECU's safe Limit, because too much boost is being built up, so it cuts the spark plugs out, which is what causes the huge bang (fuel going through engine into exhaust)

So if you have a boost gauge, see what its boosting too and let us know, gurantee it'll be above the safe limit of around 0.8bar :)

well as i only got the car yesterday am gonna clean it then go for a spin will let you know, is it an easy fix do you know? also when i bought it he said the head had just been done and either there was a sticky lifter or a shim missplaced it is quite tappy at tick over but its when just feathering the throttle at motor way sppeds or whilst holding hi revs before overtaking it clatters ive had my head under bonnet and its defanately coming from the top end under the rocker cover any ideas? sorry to be a pain.

check the oil level?

the boosting too high could be anything from a fucked actuator to boost creep..

let us no!

hi been out in it it seems thers two stages to the accelarator peddle normal then if i push hard it goes a bit further at normal its at .8 as i am not used to the car yet and the boost gauge is in a stupid neon blue i cant really tell if its going to .9 on full chat is defanatly still doing it i raced a corsa vxr earlyer i hit the peddle too hard and it started popping let off a little then it boosted fine and i shot by the corsa, like i sed if i dont hammer the accel im sure its boosting at .8 plz help lol also do you know of any meets soon as i would like to get to know a few more people who have them.

He does have a boost boost gauge.

Does it have an adjustable actuator?

im not sure how do i tell?

Just a helpfull tip stop ragging it round until you sort this problem out , fuel cut is no good for your car and it will not go away until you sort the issue out :)

cheers dude thanks for the advice.

right, here we go. answer these questions

1. do you have an external waste gate?

2. if no, look down between the rad and manifold, there will be a like 2 inches long, one end goes into a cylinder, the other end hooks onto the turbo - is this bar threaded (if you do have an ext waste gate you might not have one