Thought I would add my car seen as I have been on here for a while :D

I bought thi car way back in 2008 it is a 1987 EP71 Turbo S.

I decided to get one after looking for a cheap runaround car as fuel is getting way too expensive to run my other car an RX7 :(

i bought it off a member on AUSC as a project as the motor was apparently stuffed when i went to pick it up i put a new battery in and it started second try. It was making some lud rattling noises so I checked the oil and there was none in it, so i filled it up and it ran smoothly. so i put it on the trailer and drove home. when i got home a took it for a test drive and found that it wouldnt boost so off came the turbo and i found out it is seized wont budge an inch. so i am currently in the process of getting a replacement for it. the paint isnt top notch but it will do for now as my main goal is to get it on the road. anyway enogh talk here are some pics.

This is the outside

SideView.jpg

The interior

Interior.jpg

The engine bay when i picked it up

EngineBayBefore.jpg

the engine bay now pulling alot of stuff off i dont need

EngineBayNow.jpg

my painted goodies form the engine bay

FuelRailPainted.jpg

ThrottleBodyPainted.jpg

and finally my painted bonnet scoop

BonnetScoop.jpg

EngineBayProgress.jpg

CT9Turbo.jpg

and the engine all Cleaned up

EngineBayPutBackTogether.jpg

I also removed my map pockets in the back and relaced them with some 6x9 Speakers

Before

RearFabsBefore.jpg

After

RearSpeakersFinished.jpg

That is how it stayed fro a while as I bought a house and had other projects to do but at the start of this year I have begun on it again. To begin with I had moved interstate so I had to drive it from Brisbane to Melbourne (around 2000kms). A couple of weeks after that drive I was driving around the city and the Timing belt snapped :) Luckily it didn't do any damage to the motor so I ordered a new one and replaced it

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

I also took it to a dyno day just to see what was still left in the old girl and was quite surprised after the hard life it has had how much power it made

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

I am currently collecting parts to install which one day I will actually put in

dde17154.jpg

34da1f66.jpg

and over the weekend decided to pull the aircon out as well

b2ff9e5b.jpg

that is pretty much it so far as I am slowly upgrading everything for when I want to do an engine conversion from the 2E to a 4AGE 20v :D

Nice ep71. I also own one (actually EP70, with 2e-telu swap).

The rear axle is off a glanza/gt? It will not fit the ep71, as the arms are about 8cm longer. You either cut them shorter or mount the disk to your original axle (an adaptor ring is needed as the ep70 spindle is about 2mm short in diameter than the glanza/gt (i think 25 and 27).

Finally i suggest to stay with the drums, as i saw no difference with the rear disks.

the disks are off a Paseo

Finally i suggest to stay with the drums, as i saw no difference with the rear disks.

I have heard people say they haven't noticed any difference but they are mainly only street driving and I have already been to a few track days so am more looking for improvements against brake fade so found this for sale extremely cheap so decided to get it.

YES YES YES YES YES

Love it. nice to see a 71 owner theres not that many around really. always said one day il own a 71 there such lovely old school cars :)

keep up the good work matey

I didn't like the tray at first but it has grown on me ;) mainly due to the cup holders are too small for a can and cans that do fit are too tall and hit the windscreen ;) but it is a nice base to mount my camera too so it does come in handy and I have also installed some guages on it as well

8eac3e10.jpg