Hello all you starlet lovers,

I've been with this forum for quite some time now, and I think it's about time for me to start a build thread. I'm a proud owner of an mk2 GT and had the car for almost two years. I've got to say the car had seen better days, but bear in mind I did get the car for a very cheap price £1300. Car had a clean engine and very good conduction interior.

There it's also a few cosmetic bits and issue that needs sorting out such as;

Few small dent on the roof, rust bubble along the boot lid,

Different colour driver side wing (it was black, and the previous owner had painted it white, but he didn't do a good job)

Driver side window it's not working (needs a new motor), heater matrix had been bypass, and odd scratch's here and there

The car also came with your standard mods such as;

Apexi â?? super intake

JIC Magic â?? adjustable coilovers

Greddy â?? Back box

Decat down pipe â?? unknown make

Ebay â?? manual boost controller

Turbo timer â?? unknown make

HKS - old skool BOV

DSC00011.jpg

DSC00013.jpg

DSC01946.jpg

securedownload.jpg

DSC02008.jpg

securedownload.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

Gavin I will be dragging u to JAE don't worry liam ill introduce u to mr gavin he's cool. This is a very cool car and I can happily say I have had the pleasure of working on this! More pics and info mr gavin!

Thanks for the kind word, I will give full update soon. This its just the begining of the story :)

Right lets continue with the story, I did some minor upgrade and had purchase a few bit over the last two years. The pictures you will see are not my own, as I never thought I will start a build thread. So I just source them from the net, however I will take some proper one soon. (apart from the last two pictures thats my own)

And here are the bits that I have added or replaced since I owned the car;

Blitz â?? Sonic Power intake

Blitz â?? Boost gauge

Blitz â?? Super sound BOV (not fitted yet)

Cusco â?? rear strut brace

ZEP â?? decat down pipe

Greddy â?? T.V.V.C manual boost controller (not fitted yet)

TRD â?? 1.3 bar rad cap

Razo â?? Carbon fibber gear knob

RX7 top mount

Lenzo RS5 â?? 15s in gunmetal grey with chrome lip - Thanks niteryder84 ;)

CT9b turbo from a low mileage Glanza

BlitzSonicPowerAirFilter.jpg

530da8dc.jpg

BlitzSuperSound1.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

23567830008_large.jpg

tacoma-trd-Radiator.jpg

With the Lenzo RS5

securedownload1.jpg

Picture239.jpg

Right let's beginâ?¦ right up until January this year the car was nothing but trouble. First the valve stem seals had to be change, so I done a complete head overhaul, with new valve seals, head skimmed, new head gasket and port polish all the essentials. Then after a few months the piston rings needed changing, so dig in to more of the money that I haven't got and get the rings done. By the way I'm no mechanic so all the work had to be done by a local garage and this can be costly. Finally every thing was going good once again... up unti, the bottom end had die on me. At that point I really hit rock bottom and decided to break the car and sell all parts and try to gain some money back, as I can't no longer afford to have it fix.

But after much consideration and speaking to a few people, I decided to keep faith and have the car repair and iron out all the other issues that I have mention on the 1st post.

I've hunt high and low to find a good condition engine for the right price, it was tough but I manage to find one (thanks weeman :) ) IMG_0941.jpg

So last Saturday me and a few mate started the restoration project. we took out most of the bolt on parts like; manifold, turbo, downpipe, intercooler, removed the aircon rad completely, disconnect most of the wire loom etc...

Think it looks alot better with out the front grill? what do you think?

IMG_0938.jpg

Yep what a mess...

IMG_0940.jpg

IMG_0939.jpg

I was hopeing to get more done this weekend, but theres over time at work so I can't turn it down. but deffo gonna work on it next weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

Right, after a week of absent, I think it's about time to carry on getting down and dirty. The plan was to disconnect the gear box from the engine, pop both of the drive shafts out, then out with the with gear box and finally the engine, sounds easy enough. So we made our tea and got stuck inâ?¦ off come the bonnet, that the bumper and the wheels etcâ?¦ every thing was going well until this one bolt from the passenger side lower arm, that's when we hit a dead end. This nut is though to crack, it must have been muscle on there either by a really strong bloke or an air gun, or just got ceased over the years. We have tried every think we could think of, even gone through a whole can of WD, still this thing would not budge at all. It got to the point that we broke 2 ratchets and a socket extension. So I think to next step it's to cut the nut with a hack saw and go from there.

My most recent purchase, almost new duel row aluminium rad from a Paseo with coolant bottle and fan built in, for next to nothing price.

IMG_0953.jpg

IMG_0952.jpg

Needs a clean tho :)

IMG_0951.jpg

Bumper and Bonnet removed

IMG_0955.jpg

IMG_0954.jpg

IMG_0959.jpg

Driver side wing with a different colour, as you can see it was black to begin with and sprayed white by the previous owner

IMG_0960.jpg

The aircon rad had also been removed â?? which had seen better days, good thing it's that I don't needed anymore :D

IMG_0958.jpg

CT9B with ZEP racing down pipe, and standard manifoldIMG_0956.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Little bit of update for this week, we finally got the engine and gear box out! It was tough, but me and me mates have managed it at the end (I do think if we had an engine hoist it would make life a lot easier). The next step it's to give the bay a good clean, so it's nice and clean for the new engine to go in. Also we need to swap the clutch over to the new engine, never change the clutch before, so don't really know were to start. If any of you guys can give me some tips that will be most grateful.

Draining the gear box oil

IMG_0963.jpg

IMG_0964.jpg

The clutch that I will need to move

IMG_0965.jpg

IMG_0966.jpg

If any one would like some parts from the engine above, please feel free to let me know, the only thing that will not be sold its the head, but any thing else its.

Right, week before last, me and my mate had the engine and gear box out which is quite an achievement considering both of us are no mechanic. So last week I went and done some shopping to get some of the essentials ready. But there still a lot of stuff that I'll need to get, but I will have to wait till payday :D .

Here are a few bits that came through the door this morning.

CV boot kit

IMG_0976.jpg

New fule filter

IMG_0975.jpg

New manifold head nuts

IMG_0974.jpg

Turbo oil, water, and turbo to intercooler gasket

IMG_0973.jpg

Mainfold gasket

IMG_0972.jpg

Shorten power steerning belt

IMG_0971.jpg

Not much to update, just been doing some house keeping to the engine bay (still got a few more bits to do), swap the clutch over to the new engine and also fitted the new wing panel. Also found a few goodies on Ebay, hopefully they will come this week.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280718553737&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180703564016&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finally the engine and the gearbox it's in. And now the wiringâ?¦ To some it might be easy, but to me, I kinder forgotten where all the plugs goes. But if someone can help that will be much appreciated.

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It's almost done now, not long to go. Engine, Gearbox it's in, all the wiring is pretty much done (maybe a few left). Last week we have fitted the rad, manifold, turbo, exhaust etc

When to Halfords and got 3ltr of gearbox oil, 5ltr coolant, power steering fluid, and 5w40 Castro Edge fully synthetic.

I've also decided cut my bumper to give more room for the front mount, (when i get one in the near future) but its needs to be tidy up and painted.

pho1.jpg

pho.jpg

pho2.jpg