how the F*** do you fit a sandwich plate

right tonight im an angry mofo

took off my pas bracket grinded it down, sandwich plate fitted flush (without the rubber ring) so thought lovely stuff

put on the rubber ring and it wont fit for shizz , i tried taking a lil of the rubber off, i tried heating it up to make it softer , ive pushed really hard and tried to do up the 3/4 unf nothin it just wont tighten

so i took it all off and just tried to screw on the 3/4 unf fits fine tried it agai with the plate fits fine, tried with rubber ring again nothing

ive wasted 3 hours 2night and got naff all work done cause of this wtf! it feels like i need a longer 3/4unf do these exist , if not what do i do !!!

argh shitty cars

heres the style ive got

BYYOTgB2kKGrHgoH-EYEjlLl0H2jBKhHNoUO-_12.jpg

and the big bit of rubber just will not fit on with the plate, it sits in the plate ok but then makes it like 3 mm thicker so now the bolt aint long enough

do i need this style

BV-NongWkKGrHgoH-D4EjlLle-etBKVNh7IvUw_12.jpg

2 lil o rings ? or will this still gimme the same problem

My one with the o-rings didn't fit (the fittings were the wrong thread)

So I ordered the one ep_brad posted up god I hope it fits now or Ima be pissed! It's the one which has o-ring on one side of the seal to fit to the plate, and the other side of the seal it's flat?

nope apparently that styles for scoobys it has to be the one with 2 lil o rings and no flat big bif of rubber, well give it a try and let me know how ya get on , maybe its cause mines a cheap one