is this a genuine HKS filter

hey guys bit upset atm with a purchase from a member on here

he sold me this for £57.20 and i thinkg i could make this for £25 or less

i was told this was a HKS mushroom filter

230210cc.jpg

now compare it to the genuine one for sale

filter.jpg

mine doesnt have the bolts on the bottom , the shape and style to the actual metal part is different

if this isnt genuine (which im pretty sure 100000% it aint then im guna give the guy a bad review and paypal my money back)

cause this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-76mm-Inlet-Uni...=item4aa21b4e1b

and this make the same thing for £25

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Silicone-Hose-Co...=item5193387ed4

the 2nd picture is the new version reloaded style filter. it does look silimiar to the older style but the mesh is to thick for a genuine item. i would say its an older generation hks copy.

the hks aren't that bad actually. you just need to keep ontop of there maintance, they recommend an element swap every 15k, which most people don't bother with and then they get brittle and fall apart and then people moan.

remember all filters don't last for ever, only one i found doesn't need replacing is the blitz stainless type but then again they aren't the best filtration type in the world either, but saves taking the bumper off everytime you need to change the element

Tim

TB Developments

I think the green one on the first post is fake. Also the blue one.

The last one (green one) seems original.

I have the same as the first post, the green one. If you see at the back there are a lot of rough spots, and the funnel inside has also some injection errors. I suppose that HKS would never let something not perfect sold. So the best way to say if it's genuine or fake is to inspect the finishing quality.

They are shit. Apexi Power intake....best filter ever...

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/

that thread is utter rubbish.

its been going around for years and wasn't actually done by anyone on the supra forum, its been taken from another forum (forget which one) to promote apexi filters for sale through there website. They also ran a full on drift car which was sponcered by.................have a guess................apexi lol

I'm a dealer of most of those on that list and used all personally, and have no affiliate between companies and the only one i don't like is the K&N because the fitting kit for the cars i specalise in is rubbish, but the others are still good.

will admit blitz sus filters the less, but also found in tests it makes most power, but then again thats pretty common sense.

Tim

TB Developments

I agree that the old style HKS were worse. I used to have the old large style filter, and when holding the filter up to sunlight, you can see lots of gaps. The new style is great, i use one from a skyline and its a lot smaller and the filter is 10x better, alot thicker too & easy to get hold of. Im using a purple insert to match the car :p