what needs to be done to convert an n/a with a 5efe? is it a simple as just swapping engines?

pretty certain it's just a straight swap, you can even use the 4efe ecu as far as i'm sure

was tempted about getting the transplant done to my sr but i heard the 4efe can be revved more, so i was wondering how worthwhile it was

pretty certain it's just a straight swap, you can even use the 4efe ecu as far as i'm sure

was tempted about getting the transplant done to my sr but i heard the 4efe can be revved more, so i was wondering how worthwhile it was

The 4EFTE has a higher rev limit (7200) and has stiffer valve spring to acomidate the higher limit, pretty sure there are no differences in on 4e and 5e N/A head componants.

Would have thought so if you can still retain the 4e ecu.

im considering this swap too, but in no rush as my 4e is still strong.

i beilive Joz on hear has done the 5e swap, maybe ask some advice from him.

Need a custom exhaust too, i have a 5e obx and needed a custom center section as the obx sits lower that std 4e

All 5EFE Info is here :p

Check out the thread with 32 posts for my input.

In my opinion I would suggest an engine needs to be tuned whatever the reason (bolt on mods etc), even if it is running 'OK', it can be far better and more beneficial for the engine's performance and life once tuned (proper a/f ratios at the correct points of throttle without flatspots/knock etc). It is far more important once you start dabbling with the FTE as there is more margin for error especially with the unpredicatabilility of sudden boost pressures.

I found even with piggyback tuning on the n/a engine, all I was getting was a better air/fuel curve, no power increase.

Hope it all helps.

Joz

would appreciate it if someone could find out what sensors need changing :p and also what tb and inlet mani would be the besst to run?

with the 4efe they say to use a corolla mani, so i was wonderin would it be worth putting this on or is the standard 5e one better?

As far as i can see (looked at pictures on google images :p) the 5EFE uses the same intake manifold as the uk spec 4EFE. if so then yes, the corrola manifold will be an improvment of the standard 5E mani.

good news :), and just another quicky one, when you say the sensors need swapping around, what do u mean? do u mean i need to put 5e sensors in place of the 4e sensors or the otehr way round?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...