Car won't run on Wastegate pressure?

I've tried all sorts with the vac lines but nothing is curing the over boosting. I've tried both springs that were originally inside the wastegate individually but still too much boost. I've found that this is the way I should be set up to run off the wastegate spring pressure, which is 0.7 bad according to Tials website, I've used the thinner soft spring now but it still reaches 1 bar of boost. Opened up the wastegate and that seems to be opening and closing properly too, have I done something wrong here?! Also the vac lines are not leaking as I've checked it.

I've tried to vent either top ones to atmosphere too but still no help

38114da7.jpg

Straight to the compressor housing

c8ae918c.jpg

Strange, mine worked fine with the apexi solenoid completely vacuumed up as it should for the boost controller and just has it set to OFF.

Mine is T pieced to the bottom port on the wastegate, one goes to the compressor housing and the other to the solenoid, then the other side of the solenoid goes to the top of the wastegate.

Sparly that's exactly how I had mine set before and it was still over boosting even with the boost set to minimum on the AVCR. So I tried to without the EMB but still the same!

Dean which nipple should be vented to atmosphere then, any idea?

i have the same wastegate as that mate. In your first pic you have the air fitting attached to the bottom port but the one above is blocked off with a blanking screw. Have you tried removing that and let it vent then take the car for a spin and see if that does it

wastegate wont fully open till it hits the boost that its targeting. I had the same problem with the two springs but i put one back in and it boosted alright at 0.9 after that

Got the wastegate on the wrong way then by the sounds :p

in that pic its the right way round. But if he has it the wrong way round thats his over boosting problem

I've removed the wastegate and it only fits one way, so the flanges are welded wrong on the manifold and screamer if it's the wrong way, and that's quite unlikely!

Just to confirm:

Manifold side:

ab0a12dc.jpg

Screamer side:

3f0cc623.jpg

Another thing I've noticed is there's 4 threaded holes on the bottom side of the wastegate, 2 are the top ones as pictured but the bottom 2 near the screamer are left open as I wasnt supplied any blanking plugs. Do they need to be blocked off? Looks as if they should be blocked.

i was guna say have u put the coller on the manifold side , which ya have so its all fitted ok , i have only got two ports on my wastegate top , n bottom where as you have four its probs letting all the pressure out so a massive boost leak i woulda fort

if my car was here mate i would have took a few pics of mine as its the same race tech kit. But its away get MOT stuff sorted Think all unused air vac ports should be blocked up. PM Ricky he should shed some light on it