My EP Build thread (Bye bye little car)

Hi everybody, so I decided to make my build thread and I copied some bits from my introduction thread,

Will leave all the story how I got my ep :)

Enjoy

Hello everybody smile.gif

So I got my self starlet sportif 96

I have a long story how I decided to get this one, so I will start

I have a Ford Focus edge 1.6 for 2 years and March this year I woke up to see this ohmy.gif

imag0076i.jpg

imag0074rw.jpg

imag0071ff.jpg

imag0082ni.jpg

It was broken into, sub and amp stolen, bet the left Sony HU £150 worth huh.gif

They took the wheels(factory 16 inch ones, nothing fancy) of, kicked it all around and the dragged it on its bottom for around 5 meters.

It has been written of, I got some money back, but I just renewed my insurance a week before this, so I could not cancel to get my money back, because this was classed as my fault, my claim, there was noone else to blame.

After this I decided not to get any car as my insurance shoot up poopie high.

But last month I thought if I have insurance, why not to get a car for the duration of this insurance I paid for already and just throw the car away when I'm done with it, so I got this.

imag0010bk.jpg

imag0011sq.jpg

imag0012m.jpg

imag0013x.jpg

imag0014wfh.jpg

imag0015zc.jpg

The paintwork was all dull and pinky matt colour, all the dirt and bugs inside and outside the car, I was not pleased with it at all, but I paid £250 it had Full service done just before it was parked new MOT and nice mp3 alpine HU smile.gif So you can say I did not pay anything for a car cool.gif

72k on the clock.

I washed it 2 times in asda car wash, and 2 times by hand to take all that stuff of, but paint was still dull and ugly.

so I got myself some t-cut and in two days it looked like this

imag0021f.jpg

imag0022vt.jpg

then I got some wax and did 2 layers smile.gif

imag0023rn.jpg

imag0024c.jpg

imag0025jr.jpg

than bumped that damage from inside so it looks a bit better, but still needs proper filler and paint job

imag0041py.jpg

imag0042q.jpg

imag0044v.jpg

and this is how it looks at the moment, still a lot to do smile.gif

imag0149t.jpg

imag0150co.jpg

Thank you for looking

Any tips what to do ? Cheap cheap, because I have no moneys

No alloys as you can see what happened to my focus.

Edited by F3rAL
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok as promised some pics of my lighting in the car

They are a lot brighter than they appear on these pics but I was in the rush

When all the lights on it's like living room lighting smile.gif

Did not take a picture of the boot, but you get the idea, I had a full lengh smd light strip in the boot and it was a bad idea because anyone could see from far far away what I had in there smile.gif So I cut it in half.

Please tell me what you think

img4904d.jpg

img4906i.jpg

with the top light on

img4907ww.jpg

rear light (needs glueing smile.gif )

img4909z.jpg

glove box with it's own switch (don't look what I have in there tongue.gif )

img4910o.jpg

heater controls

img4912mh.jpg

speedo needs doing properly, but I think it looks interesting (no rev counter sad.gif )

img4913s.jpg

img4908f.jpg

If anyone needs any info what was used and how please ask.

This is what I have done lately to it :)

If anyone has any more ideas hot to make it faster or nicer cheap way, let me know :lol:

imag0159y.jpg

imag0160v.jpg

imag0161w.jpg

imag0162h.jpg

imag0163v.jpg

imag0164v.jpg

imag0165e.jpg

imag0166f.jpg

imag0167m.jpg

imag0171w.jpg

this is hot it looks now, and I can take pictures from both sides :wub:

The are some dents and scratches but it does not look as bad as that dent :)

imag0173v.jpg

imag0174w.jpg

Thanks for watching :)

Edited by F3rAL
i like that glovebox lighting a lot.

is it on a flick switch? or like a door swtich (do it comes on automaticaly?)

I did put a little switch in there, so when you open it it lights up, I can take a pic if you want :rolleyes:

Feeling all the lights apart from the neon tubing, how did you do the heater swtich and clocks?

You must be missing the focus in terms of comfort

Thinking the simple mods would be a good start

Remove rub strips

Clear indicator lenses

Nice set of springs + shocks possibly depending on budget and lower it on some sr speedlines

Corolla inlet manifold and a nice exhaust to match is a nice way of perking up the n/a but by the sound of it you picked the car out of what you could afford in budget, rather than throwing hundreds into it.

Feeling all the lights apart from the neon tubing, how did you do the heater swtich and clocks?

You must be missing the focus in terms of comfort

Thinking the simple mods would be a good start

Remove rub strips

Clear indicator lenses

Nice set of springs + shocks possibly depending on budget and lower it on some sr speedlines

Corolla inlet manifold and a nice exhaust to match is a nice way of perking up the n/a but by the sound of it you picked the car out of what you could afford in budget, rather than throwing hundreds into it.

Yes focus was much more comfortable, but this is not bad either, I expected worse.

I used light strip Clicky

Just cut about 15cm and stuck it in there :D

Rub strips, that is the thing, I don't think I can remove them because it will be different colour under there because this paint faided away, ir it will be fine how do you think ?

Clear indicators on my list, and I can not rola mani anywhere for a decent price :D No exhaust, I don't want police stopping every time I pass them :rolleyes:

Keep them comming, I like ideas :p

Thanks

P.S. I just read your post again :D Yeah, interior lighting is abit too much, it is non neon, it is that led strip, will have to think of something nicer. Thanks

Yesfocuswasmuchmore comfortable, but this is not bad either, I expected worse.

I used light strip Clicky

Just cut about 15cm and stuck it in there :)

Rub strips, that is the thing, I don't think I can remove them because it will be different colour under there because this paint faided away, ir it will be fine how do you think ?

Clear indicators on my list, and I can not rola mani anywhere for a decent price :D No exhaust, I don't want police stopping every time I pass them :D

Keep them comming, I like ideas :)

Thanks

P.S. I just read your post again ;) Yeah, interior lighting is abit too much, it is non neon, it is that led strip, will have to think of something nicer. Thanks

I'd say have ago with the rub strips, haven't done it myself because I'm keeping my SR looking standard, but if you remove them and you can't buffer the paint to the same fade, your spray skills show you could probably do a good job of colour coding them. I have a remus backbox, I've kept my cat for legal reasons, and haven't had any problems, due to it not being much noise and I could just say it was standard with the car aha. Try snails ep 91, I got my corolla inlet mani aswell as my exhaust off him, makes a nice combination. He had another one for sale for about 40 or something

I'd say have ago with the rub strips, haven't done it myself because I'm keeping my SR looking standard, but if you remove them and you can't buffer the paint to the same fade, your spray skills show you could probably do a good job of colour coding them. I have a remus backbox, I've kept my cat for legal reasons, and haven't had any problems, due to it not being much noise and I could just say it was standard with the car aha. Try snails ep 91, I got my corolla inlet mani aswell as my exhaust off him, makes a nice combination. He had another one for sale for about 40 or something

Thanks, I will have a go with the rub strips, only worry is glue, how to remove it safely and easy :) ?

Looking for best price for mani as I have not a lot of money to spend on it :)

Cheap and cherful :D

when it comes to the glue from the bumpstrips ,use any uneeded bank cards/loyalty cards in your wallet to scrape off the glue after giving it a quick heat with a hairdryer, definitely the cheapest way and worked reasonably well for me compared to the other ways i tried.

when it comes to the glue from the bumpstrips ,use any uneeded bank cards/loyalty cards in your wallet to scrape off the glue after giving it a quick heat with a hairdryer, definitely the cheapest way and worked reasonably well for me compared to the other ways i tried.

Ok, thanks, will try tomorrow :)

So I managed to remove one side, friend offered me carb cleaner it was very easy to remove first bit until I realised that paint comes of too, so I stopped and tried bug removal spray, took me ages, then tried T-CUT yes the same magical one and it came right of :)

Found a surprise on the other side removed the strip and found it was not painted properly under the strip ( before me ) and priper showing up, so will get some paint tomorrow and fix that :)

This is how it looks now, will get better pics next time

imag0178m.jpg

This is just while havin a cigarette :p Mean BMW v Little TOYOTA :p

imag0181oa.jpg

looks pretty decent without them rubstrips :) makes me wish i had a sportif to fuck around with and not an sr.

maybe colour code the mirrors and door handles while your at it with the paint?

Good job on the side mate

Thanks guys :( paint job done for now until I get the bug to paint again :(

For now just waiting for rolla manifold and filter needs sorting out, need an enclosed one, anyone has got one maybe ?

I washed it and waxed it yesterday again :) Love this little red car ;) Puts a smile on my face when I accelerate :D

Oh and I did a run 0-60 few days ago, no mods just air filter got 9 seconds to 60mph :D Not bad I think :)

I hope your good with mehanics or have someone else who can do it, my corolla mani took a bit of fitting from someone, I had to get the throttle cable holder from the starlet mani welded to fit on mine

I hope your good with mehanics or have someone else who can do it, my corolla mani took a bit of fitting from someone, I had to get the throttle cable holder from the starlet mani welded to fit on mine

I will think of something :) but thanks :(

I will think of something :) but thanks :(

Need some ideas, cought painting bug, do I colour code just the mirrors or the plastic thant holds the mirror too ?

Ideas how to take mirror covers of and door handles would be nice.

Should I paint my centre console and one din cover under the stereo in red ? Maybe door handles inside, vents ? Ideas please :)

I have some metalic silver left from my focus I could use that inside ;)

Lovely looking car dude! Oh and the rolla manis are a piece of piss to fit billy! basically unbolt it all and fit the new one, but then the throttle cable doesnt fit properly so just a small bit of cut metal to make a new holder took me about 5mins. Job sorted