Hey guys, been on the forum for a while, but havn't really said much! Had my Glanza since last November but only just got it on the road, picked it up quick cheap as it needed a few things to get it on the road.

So i'll set the scene with a bit of background story - My names Yogesh, most people know me as Yogi. I'm 22, studying Automotive Technology at the uni of Hertfordshire. I love cars, i mean really really love cars. I enjoy working on cars, but will admit i am a bit of a noob, but love learning new things. I've always said the only way you can really learn something is by actually doing it, making mistakes and learning from them, rather than just reading it.

So a few weeks ago I find out i've got leukemia and also need a bone marrow transplant..it came as quite a shock to me too! Just trying to stay positive through it all, i've also had a medical condition - ulcerative colitis for the past four years and stayed positive throughout this too, managed to get through most of uni with it so not going let this stop me now. Also have great family and friends supporting me, so no reason to be down in the dumps really!

So anyway, after finding this out I thought you only live once, so im going TD04!! Due to funds it won't be an all out project, (just yet) but enough to turn heads and most importantly put a smile on my face. I love attention to detail and subtle mods, so there will be plenty of tasteful surprises (along with the common TD04 setup) that will hopefully keep you reading. Unfortunately, as I will be in and out of hospital a lot, this may be a slow build thread. The plan at the moment is to source all the parts and hopefully one weekend get a few mates down and fit the setup, everything else will follow soon after.

Okay, now about the car! 96 Glanza V, pretty much standard, apart from the blitz n spec and baileys dump valve, it had a bunch of other micky mouse mods which i took off. Picked it up from some cowboy - seriously i wouldn't recommend this guy even owning a push bike. I knew the car needed a bit of work as it was off road and all that, but this guy had a go at fixing it and ended up cross threading the cv joint, ball joint and all the bolts. So basically I ended up replacing the bearings (one had gone), CV joints, ball joints and front discs and pads. This with a few other minor things got the car on the road. Was slightly dissapointed, as the car has a boost leak. Checked all the piping and they are all tight and don't have cracks/tears, so maybe the turbo seals or actuator? Not overly bothered as im going TD04, pretty much everything will be replaced.

A few pics..Apologies you had to read the essay and only get a couple of pics! Will get better ones up soon!

b6d78d6b-640d-4ba6-989a-4d9ffd6be489.jpg

3a965887-c5d2-4557-ac2d-88857835b5bb.jpg

Any comments/criticisms/recommendations/suggestions are welcome, will defo be bugging you guys for advice and guidance, the banter on this forum is great!

Reading this should inspire all the Starlet and non-Starlet owners (like me. Loving that positive attitude.

Shocked that you have the money (and time) for a Glanza build being at uni!

From what I see it looks like you have a good base to start with.

Look forward to following this thread and hope all goes well medically.

Jamie.

Reading this should inspire all the Starlet and non-Starlet owners (like me. Loving that positive attitude.

Shocked that you have the money (and time) for a Glanza build being at uni!

From what I see it looks like you have a good base to start with.

Look forward to following this thread and hope all goes well medically.

Jamie.

Cheers pal appreciate the comment, lol well i lived at home with parents, didn't really go out drinking much so managed to save most of my loan!

sorry to hear about that man, hope you pull throuh fine for it

and if your needing advice on your setup just hollar

As above and there is awealth of knowledge and help on here mate, just shout up an i'm sure some one would pop over an give you a hand.

John

good base for a epic build through time buddy. as for your boost leak problem it could be the baileys dump vavle causing the problem as they were always bad for boost leak.

Cheers for the comments guys. I picked the car up for £1400, but it was around £1600 to get to my house, currently owes me around £2200, but i've stopped counting now, its not really a money thing anymore, im doing it because its what i want to do and its going to put a smile on my face, and that's all that really matters! Plus your money just sits in the bank earning FA interest!

Quick question about rear breaks, mine are really rusty and make a rubbing noise when you drive (it goes away after a while), the mot guy said they are fine. Asked a few mates and they said the rear breaks don't do that much, so there's no point spending loads on them. So will standard discs and pads cut it, or is it worth going for the drilled/grooved?

O yea, the pictures are a tad deceiving! There are quite a few imperfections in the paintwork, which you can't see in the pics! Doesn't really bother me at the moment though!

A few more pics...i know, it needs a clean!

ca2af3ba-1ffa-42ac-9443-feca76ab9509.jpg

25201020-81e1-4f7a-94ef-c7546d292f4e.jpg

c3d26260-452c-48e9-9960-7f80a544d62f.jpg

124efd6d-2860-4816-a941-b54ef670f67e.jpg

2139c3ad-a8fa-4e95-98f4-853292ddb5d0.jpg

4b4571a0-220a-40c8-9a93-b450c1e4592a.jpg

Take my hat off to you for coming out with your condition on a forum mate, seems like you wont let it get you down and as you say no point being down in the dumps about it, you got to do what you got to do :)

Glad your carrying out this little project, im sure it takes your mind off things and keeps you occupied

All the best with the build and your health buddy :)

Looking forward to seeing some progress (on both)