hi guys as in the title!!

what oil should i buy, i dont care what it costs i just want the best oil in my car!!!!!

i am torn between castol gtx and castrol magnatec at the moment!!! but there are so many like elf competition, shell helix, rock oil guardian and the list goes on!!!!!

i will be using an engine flush before the change!!!

what would/do you guys use????

thanks

ps. what oil filter to go with it???

yeah im not gonna bother with the hks filter!!!! where on my filter could i find what fittement it is so i can order a replacement???? (the current filter is a fram filter if it helps!!!!)

thanks may get the mobil 1 super 2000!!!!

First of all dont bother with engine flush, if you want to flush it run some cheap oil through it for 10mins or so, then drop it out change the filter and put in good oil.Oil wise you dont want to be paying daft money for a fancy name, cheap carlube stuff or anything that passes most manufacturers specs. and spec wise volkswagen and porsche etc are the Highest, so if you can get an oil for say $£20 that passes these tests you dont need any better.

And just to add to that i get the highest rated fully synthetic oil we put in bentley continental GTs and AMG mercedes for a pound a liter. work that one out!

First of all dont bother with engine flush, if you want to flush it run some cheap oil through it for 10mins or so, then drop it out change the filter and put in good oil.Oil wise you dont want to be paying daft money for a fancy name, cheap carlube stuff or anything that passes most manufacturers specs. and spec wise volkswagen and porsche etc are the Highest, so if you can get an oil for say $£20 that passes these tests you dont need any better.

And just to add to that i get the highest rated fully synthetic oil we put in bentley continental GTs and AMG mercedes for a pound a liter. work that one out!

fair do's mate!!! you can send me 5litres of that lol!!! what are the gains of fully synthetic oil???

No worries pal just everyone seems to get caught out and go on the brand names! and lol i wish i could mate:P and gains its just a better oil generally, doesnt break down as quickly as semi, works better at temperature and has better chemical properties etc. Oh but to go fully you will need to go 5w40 oil

No worries pal just everyone seems to get caught out and go on the brand names! and lol i wish i could mate:P and gains its just a better oil generally, doesnt break down as quickly as semi, works better at temperature and has better chemical properties etc. Oh but to go fully you will need to go 5w40 oil

i have found some fully synthetic 5w40, TOTAL QUARTZ 9000!!! will it suit my car? im not sure cause its 5w40 not 10w40! sorry if its a stupid question but i just want an opinion is it better or is it a bad idea as its not the right viscosity for the engine????Product Information

* QUARTZ 9000 5W-40 Synthetic technology multigrade oil for Petrol and Diesel engines

* TOTAL QUARTZ 9000 5W-40 has been developed to cover the most stringent requirements of both recent petrol and diesel engines (since MY 2000).

* TOTAL QUARTZ 9000 5W-40 is particularly suited to turbocharged, multi-valve and direct injection engines.

* TOTAL QUARTZ 9000 5W-40 can be used in the most difficult operating conditions (motorways, dense city traffic...), whatever the season.

* TOTAL QUARTZ 9000 5W-40 is perfectly adapted to all vehicles equipped with catalysts and using unleaded fuel or liquefied petroleum gas.

Specifications/Performances/OMEs

* ACEA 2007 A3/before API SM/CF

OEMs Approvals

NORM PSA PEUGEOT CITROEN B71 2296 Petrol and Diesel

* VOLKSWAGEN 502.00/505.00

* BMW Longlife oil 01

* MERCEDES BENZ 229.3

* PORSCHE

£19.99

Whats the mileage on the engine? how hard is it driven? how many miles does it rack up? forced induction? track use?

I was the same when i got my car only wanted the best but in reality its a 4e-fe not a massive powerhouse that requires an expensive oil to keep it in tip top condition....nor does it need a special ester based oil due to being broken down so quickly by a turbo/track use. then theres the cost of the said oils! :)

think everyone is forgetting to ask the main questions....you have a carbed 2E? depending on mileage it will most likely burn the low weight oil when used (check the owners manual it will probably list a 10w) get a 10w40 semi (castrol is fine) with a blue print filter and a magnetic sump plug....change it every 10k and you`ll be grand

oh and i wouldnt flush it unless your 100% your engine is spot on and all the seals etc are perfect

i get my millers from the bay its around 22 delivered for the 10w40

im runnin standard engine td04 etc and its fine

ive just been on ebay and its 48quid, its only about 20quid for 1 litre

Ahhh wasnt thinking there dude, you have a carbed 2E, lol. like asad said then its an old design engine, so a cheapish 10w40 semi is what you want in it, but same again, as long as they pass decent specs!!

Oh but in that engine i think every 10thousand miles is over the top, every 6 would be better, no matter how good the oil 10k is too long if anything!

9-10k for a N/A is more than adequate if anything its early....ran mine to over 106k in the 3 years i had and not one problem or leak

turbo cars is a different story due to the heat and breaking down of the oil

yep it is the carb 2E, it is daily use, and atm dad is using it, it goes to alton towers everyday and he is racking up about a thousand miles a month but he will be done with it in 2 weeks so will have 46000 on it!!! the roads around alton are windy and very steep so he does have to rag it about abit, and once i pass my test it will be facing some track use!!!!

hope this helps fellas!!!

Regardless of the engine, semi synthetic oil thats 10,000mile old will be doing the engine NO good, yes it may run fine, but its not ideal, and especially on an old carbed engine, it will be fairly hard on oil i would of thought, just change it every 5 or 6 thousand, its not expensive to do.