Speedo not working

Hello all

On my way back from work today and had around 3 miles to go from my house when all of a sudden the speedo stopped working and dropped down to 0mph whilst i was driving.

The car is an import and has been converted from kph to mph.

I've had a look at the wiring for the VSS and it sees fine, there is nothing loose? Everything else works fine such as the revs, temp, odometer etc

What could the problem be?

Also is this something an electrician could fix?

As a result of the speedo not working, does this that the turbo won't engage as i've read on other forums that if there is a fault with the speedo then the turbo won't engage, but i thought turbo engaged when you took it above the relevant revs?

Any info much appreciated

Many thanks

Check the sordid cable dude located rowrds the rear of the gear box, if the cable has snapped it will likely throw up the eml.

hi mat

Due to my car running a decat the engine management light is always on anyway, but it does'nt make a difference as to how the car drives. As soon as i take this off for MOT purposes the light goes off. Hence i won't be able to tell if the cable has snapped or not

Its not electric speed sensors on these cars dude its a cable, more than likely snapped they tend to go after a while.

But yea a decat shouldnt throw up the eml if your still running the lambda sensor