My cars coming up 200k and the gears are abit of a fiddle to select. I've been reading on the other forum on how to change the sugar cube, but in the tutorial on there the gearbox is off the car.

How do i do it while its on the car, How does the sugar cube come out? And who else has done it?

this is a common wear item on the 3sgte gearbox as well that i deal alot with. i'm just about to release a product that actually replaces that solid block with a nice little roller bearing washer that stops it from wearing

i'll post it up once i get some in again

Tim

TB Developments

Am i correct in thinking that this is where the Sugar Cube is located on the car?

img0135vb.jpg

img0134lo.jpg

I just removed it from the car and it just seems to be a plastic rectangle thing Unfortunatly i didn't get pics of that as i was shocked and thinking WTF. So i put it back then i though hold on, is this even the correct place?

It may have been replaced by previous owner as he done a fair bit of work to it.

That's the one dude. Should be a soils square pice of metal with whole in. You can turn it round or get a new one from toyota for £12. Check the cable bushes that go on the gear box. The go overal after a while.

i spotted this also, what year car do you have? my 96 N/A only had the mentioned plastic item and not the metal "sugar cube" seems as if toyota saw the problem and rectified it....in this case there is nothing you can do put some grease on it and rule it out fix/replace something else