Hi guys,

im hopefully getting a full custom 2.5" Mandrel bent system (turbo => backbox) made this monday,

my question is,

is there anyway to have a 2.5" system but it to sound like stock?

ishaq

I can only suggest an extra resonator but it would strangle a little performance (maybe sports resonator) or a smaller backbox tailpipe i.e 3" or 3.5" which should sound sportier. 4" to 4.5" is guaranteed to be loud.

I've even had a 2" fujitsubo tailpipe before on the n/a, was pretty sporty.

Joz

If the place will fab up there own boxes then yes its possible. If not then you exhaust place isnt worth going to.

It all depends on how the boxes are packed, which will dictate the sound :)

My brother CRX sounds basically stock with a mandrel bent 2.5" system, and one silencer box. Only loud thing about his car is the dump tube from the external wastgate.

If the place will fab up there own boxes then yes its possible. If not then you exhaust place isnt worth going to.

It all depends on how the boxes are packed, which will dictate the sound :D

My brother CRX sounds basically stock with a mandrel bent 2.5" system, and one silencer box. Only loud thing about his car is the dump tube from the external wastgate.

Very true, however the turbo is a great silencer. The Honda turbo's are very quiet, not when on boost though. :D

Where are you getting it made miib14? I'm also in S Manchester (Chorlton) and would be good to know if there is a good exhaust place about!

im going to be going to unique exhaust in stafford...

Very true, however the turbo is a great silencer. The Honda turbo's are very quiet, not when on boost though. :D

what would you recommend mate? do you think it is possible?

Indeed it is, BUT even when it was N/A is passed the sound check at 88db :D

None of this Spoon N1 pish sounds here.

But yes its loud on boost due to the screamer pipe. Thats being sorted through the winter.