EP80 4EFTE sleeper...

Hi guys, my GT was written off last year with rear end damage so I want to drop the engine into an ep80 currently with a 2e-e engine in it. I was just wondering how difficult the conversion is because of the fuelling and so on. ANY input will be much appreciated! I will be waiting for your words of wisdom! Thanks.

And if i decide to go ahead with it on your word then I will be starting my first project thread, ooooo im excited :D

As the man says, id swap interior and engine looms, with fuse boxes ect, then dump the engine in. Simples ;-) oh best to drop the 4efte or even an uprated walbro pump in as the 2e-e pump may not quite be up to the job. Wont be too hard tbh, shud get it all done in a long weekend if its stripped from the gt n ready to go.

As the man says, id swap interior and engine looms, with fuse boxes ect, then dump the engine in. Simples ;-) oh best to drop the 4efte or even an uprated walbro pump in as the 2e-e pump may not quite be up to the job. Wont be too hard tbh, shud get it all done in a long weekend if its stripped from the gt n ready to go.

Thanks for the advice guys, picking up the car later on today :lol: and I wont be doing it over a weekend, work doesn't permit me too. It'll be a few months, i'm not in any rush. Anyways ill keep you guys updated, thanks again!

Hey there. Just spent two weeks doing this coversion into my xli starlet. I swapped everything full loom inside and engine. Shafts and hubs with the gear box. And a fmic which was hard to fit in the standard bumper lol. There was a few little bits that were a pain with the swap not much though. I used the other fuel pump it took 20 mins to swap straight over. Only difference is I used all the glanza engine and loom and clocks which was interesting to fit in the dashboard. Would love to be able to help in anyway I can.

Hey there. Just spent two weeks doing this coversion into my xli starlet. I swapped everything full loom inside and engine. Shafts and hubs with the gear box. And a fmic which was hard to fit in the standard bumper lol. There was a few little bits that were a pain with the swap not much though. I used the other fuel pump it took 20 mins to swap straight over. Only difference is I used all the glanza engine and loom and clocks which was interesting to fit in the dashboard. Would love to be able to help in anyway I can.

Hi mate, Ive started work on the donor car today, engines ready to be dropped. Want to try and get everything off this car before I start cracking open the NA. What bits did you find difficult? Im looking for a nice slim FMIC but ill worry about that later on. Worried about the engine and dash loom since my GT dash looms in a bit of a state. Wish I could get a brand new loom for it. Also...have you done the front and rear brakes?

very minted, keep it looking like that for the giggles dude :)

Cheers Enzo, I intend to leave as close to original as possible in terms of the aesthetics. Not sure if the brakes are any bigger on the GT, if so then ill have to change the wheels. but thats about it. :p

yea the brakes are bigger 257 as oposed to 238,

a rear jdm bumper does a lot to update the rear end, check my build threads in the ep82 section to see what i mean

Wheels will get changed then. I see what you mean about the rear bumper, mr bap looks nice from the back but i think it has alot to do with your colour combination too with the flat red and stock black bumper. Ahh one thing at a time tho eyh.

Hi mate, Ive started work on the donor car today, engines ready to be dropped. Want to try and get everything off this car before I start cracking open the NA. What bits did you find difficult? Im looking for a nice slim FMIC but ill worry about that later on. Worried about the engine and dash loom since my GT dash looms in a bit of a state. Wish I could get a brand new loom for it. Also...have you done the front and rear brakes?

The loom was the hardest bit but not really that bad mate. I swapped the entire loom from the car including interior light and door switches. Just made it all work as it should with no wiring issues. Maybe slightly different for you as I used a glanza but I had to do a bit of wiring and swapping blocks about as the rear lights are different not hard really though. Fuel pump was easy although the main feed from it was stuck solid on both cars so a lot of wd-40 was used. The dash came out real easy and new loom sat in with a few cabe ties. I have swapped all the front shafts and hubs and struts over all fitted straight on except my tracking went out a long way with the glanza hubs. I have got the rear hubs off just being painted black ready to bolt on so hopefully a disc conversion on it seems to fit but will need to swap the handbrake cables too due to drum and discs having different connectors. The fmic was a day job with chopping the bumper out. Also a lot of the earthing mounts were in different places again you may not have that problem, but even one not connected was playing havoc with everthing lol. Good luck with it mate ill get a couple pics up of mine soon

got a couple pics of the completed car here. will add some of the the project being undertaken soon.

http://s1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa440/koiavery88/

cheers mate, cars looking good, that front mount does look like it was a pain in the arse to get in there, haha. Yea not looking forward to the loom at all, really not a fan of electrics and my loom from my gt is in a rather sorry state. wish I could just buy a brand new loom for it. And an earthing kit is on order so that should solve any issues in that department.

• 2 weeks later...

Little update, making progress, slowly but surely....

Was removing the rear axle to swap over, only to find that it was kinked after the crash...

IMAG0611.jpg

so just took the lowered suspension n lowered this one further... :o

IMAG0612.jpg

IMAG0615.jpg

then put the suspension and wheels onto the 80. not much space in the garage for any decent pics with a phone...

IMAG0617.jpg

IMAG0618.jpg

felt much better with the suspension, was very pleased for the 5minutes i spent driving it to and from home....

decided to get back down to work...

IMAG0622.jpg

IMAG0636.jpg

going well so far but this is the easy part, dreading the wiring...but where theres a will theres a way...

and the last pic of the night

IMAG0634.jpg

thoughts please, Im wondering how it would look with the Quadlights from the GT....

SAM_0144.jpg