Glanza Front Strut Brace

I had a second attempt at fitting the Glanza brace to my SR by removing the rubber grommets from the fuel filter to mover it closer to the bulk head this time I managed to get the brace over the threads but its still getting caught on the filter and won't go down any further due to the air box.

Any other ideas to get this to fit or would it be worth getting a different brace?

on mine there's somthing in the way to the right hand side i tube shaped thing with a bolt on top? same as yours?

That's the fuel filter I did try to move it closer to the bulk head by removing the two rubber grommets which did give the brace a little more clearance to be able to get it over the threads but it was still in the way along with the airbox, bloody thing!!!

I think it would go on if I removed the airbox but I want to get the engine pretty much as is so may have to find an alternative.

• 8 months later...

Glad its not me aswell then. I have now had a second go once i got the shocks nuts off and found that thing was in the way. I took the bolts out and it just stayed put and couldnt get the rubber grommets off. So refitted it again til i next have a go to work it out. Didnt want to mess with it too much as wasnt sure what it was as the time but now know and didnt want to break the pipe it was supported by.