After speeking to Ricky he says i will need a 3" exhaust sytem if i am to run 350bhp, some people are saying i will lose alot of back pressure??? opinions????? and if i was to have a 3" exhaust system the downpipe that i get with the zisco manifold is 2.5" so i take it this will be useless and il need Ricky to fabricate me a 3" downpipe?

i dont know all this stuff but i remember a build a while ago of a guy who was running big power and hit a wall at like 320 and it was exhaust restriction. soon as it was 3" it was gains ahoy :p

Russell

i dont know all this stuff but i remember a build a while ago of a guy who was running big power and hit a wall at like 320 and it was exhaust restriction. soon as it was 3" it was gains ahoy :p

Russell

ohright i see, gdgd mine is like 2.25 at the moment so need it sorting, i think im gonna have to have a 3" downpipe made up though which will probably cost a fair bit

After speeking to Ricky he says i will need a 3" exhaust sytem if i am to run 350bhp, some people are saying i will lose alot of back pressure??? opinions????? and if i was to have a 3" exhaust system the downpipe that i get with the zisco manifold is 2.5" so i take it this will be useless and il need Ricky to fabricate me a 3" downpipe?

May i ask why your wanting to keep backpressure ?

on N/A yes it can help alot however on a turbo car the exhaust is litterally just to get the gasses out ASAP, in the turbo honda scene in the states alot of people will just run a bit of pipe to the ground or even out of the bonnet !

ie

DSC1465%20copy.jpg

Remember the less back pressure the better on a turbo application

And stepping down from 3-2.5 after downpipe isnt a massive issue as gas speeds will be high down there anyway, its getting the gas out of the turbo thats important, although a 3" exhaust would help massivly at them power levels.

I run a 2.5 into 3 inch decat and then 3inch all the way through, running 190bhp at the time, no loss In back pressure

ok awsome, think il go for the 3" all the way through then, gonna go fo the racetech manifold aswell now as it looks like it has slighlty bigger tubing on it compared to others, was your downpipe custom made?