put my car in2 sos motorsport on monday 2 get my td04 kit fitted he finish it the day but has told me the botton end is knocking like mad the engine has been running fine till he phoned me the day ive no heard it yet but would this just go just like that or could there be something else

Seems to me like he fitted it and took it for a rag...without any regards as to what boost it was running hence its shagged

does it have a boost gauge? actuator set properly? Boost contoller plumbed in?

Seems to me like he fitted it and took it for a rag...without any regards as to what boost it was running hence its shagged

does it have a boost gauge? actuator set properly? Boost contoller plumbed in?

aye its got all that he was 2 set it all up after he put the td04 kit on trying 2 say it was ready 2 go but a drove up 2 ayr with it on sat and was fine ive no had 1 prob wae the engine

sos - Sounds of Silence? They done the exhaust on my EG years ago, they were doing a mag shoot when i was dropping it off, guy was wanking over some guy from Redline so took no notice of me or what i was telling him needs done. Came back to it the next day and there was no angle on the backbox, told him i had sayed for it to be angled, he sayed i didnt mention it ect. So told him it was due to the fact he was wanking over a mag shoot and should have actualy listened to me,then he started getting arsey so i dingyed him £30 off the bill and drove away before he could count it all lol.

aye sounds of silence all hes said was after he put kit on he left it running once the oil got hot it started knocking like mad and turned it off rite away and it sounds like its the bottom end thats gone but if thats the case a would off heard it by now

Sounds a bit odd, may have booted it and caused the damage but could be coincidence it happened at the same time.

Is it knocking bad?

Gary

ive no heard it yet but he says it is and is defo bottom end but is going 2 check it the morra and tell me for defo ill no get up 2 here it till thursday now

well picked the glanza up the day toke it 2 work 3 off the big ends r away on it but something no rite they say they no drove it but had haft a tank off full in it picked it up on the red and towed it 2 work just toke the sump off it and the oil is pure black with loads off shit in it a only changed it last friday its like its had old oil put in it the oil is never been like that as a do it every 2 or 3 mouths

well picked the glanza up the day toke it 2 work 3 off the big ends r away on it but something no rite they say they no drove it but had haft a tank off full in it picked it up on the red and towed it 2 work just toke the sump off it and the oil is pure black with loads off shit in it a only changed it last friday its like its had old oil put in it the oil is never been like that as a do it every 2 or 3 mouths

wow dude that aint good... sounds like something went on at the tuners shop... however, i dont think you would have a leg to stand on if it came to court. Have you brought the above points to the guys attention? ie now full, bad oil etc.

wow dude that aint good... sounds like something went on at the tuners shop... however, i dont think you would have a leg to stand on if it came to court. Have you brought the above points to the guys attention? ie now full, bad oil etc.

was going 2 pop in but think am just going 2 leave it at that a no go back there again got big ends comeing the morra so just hope it will be ok when a fit them if no looks like an other engine or a full rebuid

What exactly was being fitted and how was sos setting it up? ie Adjusting fuelling to suit the td04?

was in 2 get mani de cat oil pipe turbo fitted turbo had 2 b turned and a pipe 2 b made 2 fit the dump valve was also seting boost and fuel valve up that was it hes done a good job off fiting it as it looks good he says he never got round 2 seting it up as the min he started it it was knocking my prob is it was running fine when a droped it off with no knocking from it and that he didnt evein call me 2 let me no about the car

heres a pic off it fitted

008-2.jpg

So you did supply a fuel regulator to fit and setup? -Does he have anything to check the fuelling so he can set it up?

Fitting is the easy bit and the least important, if he's taken it for a spin and boosted it high without setting up the fuelling it could easily have run lean and done the damage.

So you did supply a fuel regulator to fit and setup? -Does he have anything to check the fuelling so he can set it up?

Fitting is the easy bit and the least important, if he's taken it for a spin and boosted it high without setting up the fuelling it could easily have run lean and done the damage.

all ready had the feul regulator fitted he was 2 put it on rolling road and set it up with the boost but it didnt get the far so im being told