zep racing ecu

I ve fitted a zep racing ecu to my ep91 and on idile its fine but as soon as i drive it the engine management light comes on what have i done wrong?? Is it because i havent fitted my hks accelerator ? is it still ok to drive it ? help please

Thanks

I think its code 52?

Did you remove your EFI fuse and disconnect the negative terminal on the battery for at least 20 mins before connecting the ZEP,

Once conncted let it idle for 30 mins and then start to drive but take it easy for the first 100-150 miles so the learning parameters start to set properly,

Did you remove your EFI fuse and disconnect the negative terminal on the battery for at least 20 mins before connecting the ZEP,

Once conncted let it idle for 30 mins and then start to drive but take it easy for the first 100-150 miles so the learning parameters start to set properly,

No i didnt where is the EFi Fuse? i take it i put the fuse back in after i ve fitted the ecu thanks

No i didnt where is the EFi Fuse? i take it i put the fuse back in after i ve fitted the ecu thanks

Its in the engine bay fusebox, it should be labelled on the actual fuse box cover....this is the proper way to install a self learning plug and play ecu...dont take any silly shortcuts do a proper job and u should get proper results.

Hope this helps!

Before removing fuses and doing the wrong thing without checking your code 1st.....

Code 52 is relivent to the knock sensor.

Either it has been unplugged, or the sensor itself isnt working. Did the EML come on with the std ECU or did it only start happening once you installed the ZEP unit?

Before removing fuses and doing the wrong thing without checking your code 1st.....

Either it has been unplugged, or the sensor itself isnt working. Did the EML come on with the std ECU or did it only start happening once you installed the ZEP unit?

The thing with the zep is it is more sesitve to picking up fault codes than the standard ecu...i bet if u put the standard ecu in it will not detect a fault code.....trust me mate ive had 2 zep ecus in the past and im running one as we speak,

When i had my 1st zep ecu it kept bringing up code 12 which realted to rpm signal so i put the stock ecu in and it was gone, i decided to clean up all the clips an connectors around my distributor as well cheking the connections....1 of the connections did not look so good so i had i soldered and re-installed the zep and the eml light dissapeared but this fault never came up on the stock ecu...hence the zep is more sensetive to picking up fault codes

The thing with the zep is it is more sesitve to picking up fault codes than the standard ecu...i bet if u put the standard ecu in it will not detect a fault code.....trust me mate ive had 2 zep ecus in the past and im running one as we speak,

When i had my 1st zep ecu it kept bringing up code 12 which realted to rpm signal so i put the stock ecu in and it was gone, i decided to clean up all the clips an connectors around my distributor as well cheking the connections....1 of the connections did not look so good so i had i soldered and re-installed the zep and the eml light dissapeared but this fault never came up on the stock ecu...hence the zep is more sensetive to picking up fault codes,

My mate also had code 12 come up and he thinks it went away after changing his dumpvalve but it came on again after a few weeks...again it was a dodgy connection on the dizzy wiring

They are not more sensitive at all. You do know they are standard ECU's with another board built in so they could be mapped?

The little jap folk dont touch the parameters of each individual sensor when they wrote these things.

As i said above, check the knock sensor, takes 2 mins to get to.

It never happen with the old ecu in . i ve done what you told me to and it keeps flashing on and off ? do i need to get it remaped?

check all the connections and the wiring carefully on your knock sensor i can guarantee u there is a faulty connection or a break in one of the wires. Be patient and take your time