alittle something I've been working on

Out of interest what camera and editing program are you using?

I'll give you some constructive criticism on the edited pic. Whilst HDR can make a photograph look a "million dollars" it has a 'stage' to where it starts to look worse the more highly edited it gets. More importantly pick your location carefully, i.e. a car-park next to other cars or grassy fields, empty warehouses, roads or airfields. Hope this helps as I was told the same when initially starting photography. Don't be afraid to mix up the colours or get rid of them altogether, see the pic below which is basically where I am with my photographs currently :)

Tedwood3.jpg

Cheers! :)

I'm not too familiar with the Ixus 75, I guess it's a DSLR? You would benefit from decreasing the aperture (eg. f5) and using a faster shutter speed (eg. 1/200 - 1/1000) with less ISO (eg. 100), this would produce minimal noise and as perfect focus as you would need!

I swear by Photoshop CS5, haven't found the need for any other program so far. The better picture you take, the less editing it will need ultimately. Take the car to different locations and try some shots, I'm currently trying to produce lower light photographs, i.e. inside warehouses.

Ahh i see lol, well at least you now know if you ever do have one :) . If you don't have already then, I would recommend Photoshop CS5 as it has a HDR tool built in anyway, saves you using two programs! :(