Can you give me ideas on oil coolers?

DSC_3070.jpg

DSC_3074.jpg

One thing I would say is don't get one unless you really need it - my oil temp is too low under normal conditions with the cooler fitted and it does have a thermostat too, but the mocal thermostat in the sandwich plate is always slightly open which is enough to over cool the oil - I've now duct taped up half the cooler!

This cooler is for my gearbox but obv the same mounting. Temperature wont be a problem with the box as its cooler the better :).

So yours is too cool with the cooler on running round the town say? How hard does it have to be driven to get the oil up to a good temp?

Mocal inline stats open at 80 degrees when using an inline stat you need to fill your cooler core with oil prior to fittong to allow for the pressure drop when the thermo opens for the.first time.

@ wallace you jave this problem as you run a.sanwich plate which requires it to be slightly open at all times which inturn allows oil to return to the engine if it closed your engine would.be starved of oil. just out of interest do you have an oilpressure guage if so what does it read on idle as i was under the impression that sandwich plated hamper the oil pressure as they are sort of half open