Hi ive got a 96 Glanza and since I've bought the car it always seems to run very cool unless I am sitting with the car idling at a stop the coolant temp is very low and during the winter it runs so cool that under heavy throttle it causes the engine management light to come on. Is this why so many people switch to a half size civic rad? Or is it maybe my thermostat is worn out or something? Does anyone else suffer from this?

Cheers guys

Hi ive got a 96 Glanza and since I've bought the car it always seems to run very cool unless I am sitting with the car idling at a stop the coolant temp is very low and during the winter it runs so cool that under heavy throttle it causes the engine management light to come on. Is this why so many people switch to a half size civic rad? Or is it maybe my thermostat is worn out or something? Does anyone else suffer from this?

Cheers guys

get a new thermostat in there mate,they can be prone to giving funny readings and are only cheap, should be the first port of call then if it doesnt work you can cross it off you list :)

Your stock temp gauge should read just below halfway no matter what your doing, may fall on a really cold night

new thermostat and coolant change, follow the bottom rad hose up and its two 10mm nuts becareful not to over tighten them