hello i want to turbo my standard 4efe engine, i have stuff to do it but wanted to know if i need anything else

at the moment i have, ct9 turbo kit ( exhaust mani, turbo, de-cat, oil and water lines, standard actuator )

cat back exhaust system, oil filter housing to connect the oil line, 4efte sump and front mount.

should i keep the standard ecu and loom or get a ep91 ecu and loom ? or just a ep91 map sensor

do i need injectors of a 4efte ?

and is there anything else i need to turbo the 4efe engine ??

• 3 weeks later...

You need also internal changes, like the 4efte pistons and rods or you need to fit a spezialized headgasket to reduce the compression.

The 4efe ECU and sensors are not capable to run a turbo. The Mapsensor from a N/A Starlet don´t read boost, eighter the ecu, so you realy need the mapsensor of a 4efte or a other Mapsensor for a pigiback. If you want to use the 4efte ECU which I think is best, you have to change the wiringloom and the complete Ignitionsystem including distributor, Igniter and Coil. These parts works different to the 4efe system and is not compatible to eachother. In the Injectorwiring #10 and #20 (Injectorchannel) are conectet at the 4efe inside the ecu and the loom, so all 4 injectors fire at the same time and two times in a full cycle. The 4efte don´t use this conections so the injectors will fire in two groups: cly 1&3 and cly 2&4 and these only one tim ein a full cycle. The 4efe also runs injectors between 175ccm and 195ccm, in the 4efte there are 295ccm and he needs it.