I'm an absalute idiot.

if the pin is down in my car and you shut the door, it pops back up again, you have to lift the handle and shut it for it to lock. i thought all starlets were the same??

Yeah they are, ive literaly never locked my drivers door that way, but the first time i ever do, is when i leave the keys in the ignition, fantastic. :)

Lol i have done this also, when the car was running :), Always tell my mates to lock the door when they get out, left it running and locked mine without thinking, came back a few minutes later and my mate had gotton out and locked the door :(

Tried with a bent bike spoke to unlock it, couldnt manage it!

i done this in my integra, started it up then cleaned all the snow off it, went to open the door and it was locked, i got a metal coat hanger, bent it straight and pulled the door back a bit and used the coat hanger to put the window down.

my ex locked my keys in my car twice in one day before, i nearly killed him. but managed to get them out twice with two different ways,

1. was right near a skip so got a thin plastic sheet thing out of that and wrapped my coat around my house keys and prised the top of the door open enought to get the plastic in and hold it open abit. then got some metal wire (out the skip) and hooked it round the inner door handle. Job done as on my swift that opened the lock.

2. Was getting late and this time he left them in the boot. So with no skip as i was at home now i had to bike to my mums work (garage) and get this little balloon thing with a hand pump, got back and slid it in the top then pumped up. cant remember exactly what i used to open the door this time it was late

but...if you ever get stuck i think most garages have these pumps so if you can get to one try borrow that

• 2 weeks later...

This happened to me the other day, also locked mine in the ignition, had to get my dad to call the AA and do this, luckily it was on a really hot day so I didn't mind being out in the sun, looking at my n/a with the gf haha.. now everytime before I get out the car I take the keys out the ignition and pass em to my passenger, if alone I try to remember them..

I've also had this happen to me before at 3am many miles from home, but I left my window a little bit open and had to break into my own car :|

Shafz.

I've done this too, i was out camping with loads of mates. finished unpacking, left keys on dash and locked the car. didnt realise till i got back after 10 mins to thinking where are my keys. look in car, there they where just looking at me. i was about hour away from home, no spare key exists and no breakdown cover. most my mates where already pissed so no help there but thankfully the bf had RAC cover so they came out and got into it nice and easy :( signed up myself, then got pissed :D so not as bad as yours :p