FIA KILL SWITCH HELP !

I am in the process of installing an FIA 6 point master kill switch and i have split the main feed and installed the resistor. I am now at the point of cutting into the ignition barrel and coil , i was wondering if anyone has done this on a glanza before i start cutting wires ! Any help appreciated

Cheers guys

Does it have to cut the ignition? My mates s13 we just put the kill switch in line between the relocated battery and the positive for the entire car, so it cuts the feed from the battery to everything! Or do fia state a particular reg on what must be cut by the switch? Cutting the positive from the battery is the easiest way to ensure every thing dies!

Does it have to cut the ignition? My mates s13 we just put the kill switch in line between the relocated battery and the positive for the entire car, so it cuts the feed from the battery to everything! Or do fia state a particular reg on what must be cut by the switch? Cutting the positive from the battery is the easiest way to ensure every thing dies!

You get run on mate due to the alternator, so you have to split the ignition and coil feed , i think its the green wire IGN1 but want to clarify before i split it

Problem with that is once starlets are started u can take the battery off and it'll stay running

I would only do the coil feed and the main battery +tve once they're both disconnected the car will be completely dead anyway

Problem with that is once starlets are started u can take the battery off and it'll stay running

I would only do the coil feed and the main battery +tve once they're both disconnected the car will be completely dead anyway

Its standard for most cars , do you know what colour the main ign/coil wire is on an ep91?

You get run on mate due to the alternator, so you have to split the ignition and coil feed , i think its the green wire IGN1 but want to clarify before i split it

Multi-meter to test when the powers there and when its not (On the turn of the key?)

Jamie

It turned out the blue wire that splits two ways from the back of the barrel is the one to cut. Sent two leads to the master switch and another two to an external dash switch and linked the two. Works perfect ! Cheers guys