new member looking for advice

Hi, all

I'm a new member from New Zealand I found the forum while searching for info about these awesome cars. How mint is this site!?!

I have an ep71 with a 2e engine and I really want to restore it to some if its former glory. It has been in our family from almost new and several people have lerned to drive in it hence it's in real need of a rebuild and some paint, however I am finding it hard to work out what engine will fit in? really I only want to get something without points so I dont have to deal with the way this one seems to go out of tune all the time, but also maybe a 1.5 would add a little more fun too

can anyone help me with info on what will drop straight in? I am no genius with this kind of thing so better keep it simple this time around!

cheers !

Welcome

Sounds like you got a plan as for changing the engine this will also include the electrics/loom etc so is quite a lengthy job, i'm sure the 4efte conversion has been done and possibly a 5e conversion, have a browse through members build threads.

http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index....showtopic=45942

http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index....showtopic=45465

John

Hey Siiii

Welcome to the club, I am currently doing a build on my EP70 at the moment (the 1st link above) and I am putting in a ep82 (Starlet GT quad light) turbo engine in. From the work i have done so far its a straight swap and fits without having to do any welding etc onto the original engine mounts.

Of course you will need to change the loom too but its a great engine to put in and will go like poop off a shovel!

I have been doing a video diary of the build too which is split into parts so you can check it out too for help :)

Any questions im your man :p

hey post up some pics and we will let you know what the best way for you to restore it...

Hey Siiii

Welcome to the club, I am currently doing a build on my EP70 at the moment (the 1st link above) and I am putting in a ep82 (Starlet GT quad light) turbo engine in. From the work i have done so far its a straight swap and fits without having to do any welding etc onto the original engine mounts.

Of course you will need to change the loom too but its a great engine to put in and will go like poop off a shovel!

I have been doing a video diary of the build too which is split into parts so you can check it out too for help :)

Any questions im your man :p

hey post up some pics and we will let you know what the best way for you to restore it...

That's great I will do! at the moment it is on the other island (all the best countrys have two) but I am hunting for the parts and intend to do the swap up there over summer then bring it down for paint at a spot I have used before. my main issue at the moment is finding the engine/loom

I will post some photos as soon as I am back up there and welcome any advice you can offer. your car is mint! before I saw it I didn't have a name for what I wanted to do but now, now I have a name and a plan.... but no bits :p