Need ideas and possibly help :)

Right i cba with the noise that comes when having a stripped out rear so i'm planning on making a 'rear build'. First of all i want to make the rear flat and for this i was thinking a thin sheet of mdf? then i wanted to carpet over this and possibly add some sound proofing underneath. With this in place i still get the stripped out look but keep it perfect for a daily driver.

Has anyone built anything like this before? Where can i get everything i need from?

Cheers guys :)

Right i cba with the noise that comes when having a stripped out rear so i'm planning on making a 'rear build'. First of all i want to make the rear flat and for this i was thinking a thin sheet of mdf? then i wanted to carpet over this and possibly add some sound proofing underneath. With this in place i still get the stripped out look but keep it perfect for a daily driver.

Has anyone built anything like this before? Where can i get everything i need from?

Cheers guys :)

Why not just dynomat all the floor area then carpet over it?

D

There is other materials that have same properties and cheaper brands of dynamat, if you go to your local car audio dealer u can buy it from them and fit your self, it is time consuming, make sure you clean the metal and heat it when applying, ideally want to be doing this in warm weather. Helped my mate do this to his BMW compact in winter and it took forever doing the back end off his car.