Alright guys, just wondering if any of yous use winter tyres in the winter (obviously). Im looking into buying a set to stop getting stuck in the snow or atleast give me half a chance in the snow.

Last year was torture when it was snowing so im defo thinking about getting winter tyres this year.

Any recomendations? Im looking at a set of continental contact ts800, read some reviews and there supposed to be good on snow and ice.

They are a massive improvement over normal tires, but i would rather have a set of steelies with rallyish tyres on, like real skinny knobblies any day of the week. Had these on mine last year and it was awesome. even went out of my way to go down closed roads because i could:P

What's the grip like with these winter tyres then? Obviously you don't go hammering round but are they good for normal driving?

I've always had Toyo Proxes T1R's on my cars and in the winter it's crap.

They are a massive improvement over normal tires, but i would rather have a set of steelies with rallyish tyres on, like real skinny knobblies any day of the week. Had these on mine last year and it was awesome. even went out of my way to go down closed roads because i could:P

x2 ud be amazed where u can go winter's are a must but on on the front on the fwd cars

Had a set of Dunlop SP Winter Response on my FWD Audi last year - they were awesome in the snow but really shone in just the cold weather, wet and dry: they seemed to grip better and brake better than the Vredesteins during the cold months. Had a few moments in the winter when other people did silly things and needed to stop - these did the trick without ABS juddering away. Only downside it storing another set of rims, the extra road noise and a slight slight drop in fuel economy. Was going to source a set for my EP but my renewal has jumped from £640 last year on the Audi 80 to £760 this year on the EP (28, clean licence, 8 years NCB....fucking thieves).