i dont think that all of you guys have a tig welder sitting around but thought that i would share woth you guys how i made my screamer pipe. i started off with a autobahn88 de-cat pipe from *Johnboy GT* for a good price, 1. i cut out the side part of the decat that would expose the internal wastegate. Image0203.jpg 2. then you have to separate the de-cat pipe from the screamer pipe with a piece of stainless. Image0205-Copy.jpg as you can see i left the piece of plate long (facing into the turbo housing as i am going to cut and shape it to get a good fit in between the exhaust turbine and the wastegate). Image0204.jpg 3. you need to get stainless pipe measuring 35mm outside diameter, pipe wall thickness 1.5mm, cut and re-weld the pipe to make a bend that is 90 degrees. Image0209.jpg 4.next you have to weld the pipe on and follow the de-cat pipe down cutting and roatating the pipes Image0214.jpg 5. you need to seel the space in between the flange and the screamer pipe, with 2mm stainless steel plate. Image0212-Copy.jpg 6. you would be safe to put a small brace from the de-cat to the screamer also Image0213.jpg extra info, i have not put a brace on the decat to the engine yet but i would strongly recommend one. also when welding stainless run argon gas throught the pipe to keep the weld that may penatrate through into the piep clean. dont use excessive amps when welding as stainless steel distorts and pulls very badly with too much heat. good luck to anyone try to do the same :p i will upload a link when i get in fitted

Edited by mark1991
Would seperating the waste gate from the lambda effect the A/F ratio once the waste gate is open?

it should not affect it as the exhaust gasses are all coming from the same place so both should give the same reading i think... i hope lol

Mate that wont seal trust me. Ive been there and done the exact same thing and i pulled my fcuking hair out because i could never get a seal, i even made a custom gasket like you get on the sklyine with two holes but still no good. Was a complete nightmare, in the end i just went external.

Good work if you get it to seal, but im highly doubtful.

thanks for the comments, i have left the plate long enough so that i can cut and shape it to seal... but i have never tryd this before so i will see how it goes :(

like i say unless u weld the bit in the turbo uv got no chance ! :lol: will be nice to see if im right :D

thanks for the comments, i have left the plate long enough so that i can cut and shape it to seal... but i have never tryd this before so i will see how it goes :(

I did both ways, i had a piece sticking out which was welded onto the decat and shaped it into the exhaust house and was a great fit but due to heat expansion ect i could never get a good seal at all.

I then welded the piece in between the compressor wheel and wastegate flap in the exhaust housing and that too was a nightmare.

Great work if you do get it to seal :lol: