Aftermarket management

on that thread about weither zoe should go hybrid or ct9. me and socks said td04 and u slated it sayin un responsive etc so my question is why standalone on a ctgay setup?

ct9*

Haha, I never slated it lol. Just didnt like the lack of response. I did also state that over christmas my setup would be changing anyway. The car will be getting driven alot more next year so a TD04 would be of more benefit for drivability. I like the idea of a standalone in the sense I can have a different map for different setups.

D

when my car was having a hard time being maped on the emu me and chris ( the mapper) were talking about other options he reakons the link standalones would be good for the starlets and there pretty fair priced aswell. other option is the tryed and tested motec systems but there quite expensive seen a few big power starlets running hydra ecus and not herd any bad feedback on them either. if u ask me the biggest factor should be the person thats actauly gonna map it doesnt matter how good the ecu is u buy if it guy maping it isnt comfy with the system its just a waste of cash

300 quid new emb full kit. standalone has to be more surely? you say you like the idea of having different maps for different setups. surely if i had standalone i would pay to get td04 mapped. go to ct9 and then pay to get ct9 mapped. yes i undertand when u go back to td04 you'll have the map ready. but whats the point in swappin between setups? just trying to save ya sum money mate.

when my car was having a hard time being maped on the emu me and chris ( the mapper) were talking about other options he reakons the link standalones would be good for the starlets and there pretty fair priced aswell. other option is the tryed and tested motec systems but there quite expensive seen a few big power starlets running hydra ecus and not herd any bad feedback on them either. if u ask me the biggest factor should be the person thats actauly gonna map it doesnt matter how good the ecu is u buy if it guy maping it isnt comfy with the system its just a waste of cash

I've been looking into a link g4 setup, seems a pretty good setup tbh. Did you get any ideas or pricing for the link? I dont think i'd want to stretch as far as Motec. And i've been looking at Registered dealers/mappers for the Link and there's no end of high end tuners dealing with the setup which is comforting seeing as alot of big companies are happy to sell/install/map the G4 setup.

D

300 quid new emb full kit. standalone has to be more surely? you say you like the idea of having different maps for different setups. surely if i had standalone i would pay to get td04 mapped. go to ct9 and then pay to get ct9 mapped. yes i undertand when u go back to td04 you'll have the map ready. but whats the point in swappin between setups? just trying to save ya sum money mate.

Yeah standalone is more expensive but the benefits are worth it. I suppose i'm just not keen on the idea of piggybacks tbh. Atleast with standalone there's so much more scope for fine tuning and other setups.

D

nah i never got to look properly into prices he reakoned it would be about £800 quid for a full set up then it was just fitting and maping. i was just at the point of going to price it when chris got on the phone to geo and the guys at fensport and got the emu sorted so was no need for it. unless your going for massive power dont think a standalone is realy needed but after running a blitz ecu then the emu the diffrence is night and day.

KMS? Heard a few bits about them, will have a look into that!

Thanks

D

yeah its a pretty good ecu, only thing we are sort of struggling with is the cold start, and i need to get a auto tps put on but other than that its pretty good on my car, got some goodies on it like launch control and launch control, the one up from my kms does limited boost settings

nah i never got to look properly into prices he reakoned it would be about £800 quid for a full set up then it was just fitting and maping. i was just at the point of going to price it when chris got on the phone to geo and the guys at fensport and got the emu sorted so was no need for it. unless your going for massive power dont think a standalone is realy needed but after running a blitz ecu then the emu the diffrence is night and day.

£800? Is that it lol? And what would you class as massive power? I just want the ability to fine tune it to how I want it, the flexibility to change it depending on setups.

D

yeah its a pretty good ecu, only thing we are sort of struggling with is the cold start, and i need to get a auto tps put on but other than that its pretty good on my car, got some goodies on it like launch control and launch control, the one up from my kms does limited boost settings

Can the cold start issue be resolved? I'm gonna give link another call I think and get some prices. I also like the idea of being able to alter settings at home without having to go to mappers all the time.

D

positive he reakoned around £800 however uve still got fitting costs for a standalone then the mapping which obv takes it up a fair bit. only thing id sujest is if u plan exactly what u want on the car before u get it maped will save u a nice bit of cash. ive got a few things i want to change on mine so ill have to pay to get it the map tweeked again which is obv more £££ that wouldnt of been needed if i had planed all the parts i wanted before getting it maped.

positive he reakoned around £800 however uve still got fitting costs for a standalone then the mapping which obv takes it up a fair bit. only thing id sujest is if u plan exactly what u want on the car before u get it maped will save u a nice bit of cash. ive got a few things i want to change on mine so ill have to pay to get it the map tweeked again which is obv more £££ that wouldnt of been needed if i had planed all the parts i wanted before getting it maped.

Thats pretty reasonable tbf. And the management will be the last thing to sort out. Car is coming off road for a month or so over winter so I can pull the car to pieces and sort all the little bits out. Hopefully by the end of it, the setup will be finalised and i'll be able to settle the management side of things

D

Can the cold start issue be resolved? I'm gonna give link another call I think and get some prices. I also like the idea of being able to alter settings at home without having to go to mappers all the time.

D

yea spose so just not found it on mine yet lol