Hi guys and girls,

I have been a member for quite some time as i have owned a couple of starlets, but recent years has seen my focus in the Celica stable.

My 1st car was a 1996 two tone green Starlet Sportif

Later on i had a 1998 Starlet SR, converted to 5EFE then crashed :)

I currently own a 1997 white Celics SS3 (BEAMS engine) and have bought a 1996 white Starlet Sportif as a little run around/project.

It was a salvage car which i paid £220 for. I'm in the process of MOT'ing it and taxing it. It needed a new rad, my mate who broke a Glanza a while back gave me his spare one (bigger).

There is currently a coolant leak. A nice little hole at the end of the small pipe connecting coolant to the throttle body (small connector next to bigger pipe connector on the block). I have no idea how to patch it up. Any ideas?

The car needs tlc all over as it is looking worse for wear, but not beyond recovery, i will give it a lick of paint when all the mechanicals are sorted as the 040 white is very flat.

I'm lucky as my mate has quite a few goodies from his old Glanza that i will be having.

Rad - fitted

Front strut brace - fitted

Speedo/rev meter cluster - waiting

Sideskirts - waiting

Doors (leccy windows and mirrors) - waiting

Glanza repeater-less front wings - waiting

Glanza intake manifold and throttle body - waiting

Glanza fuel rail - waiting

Managed to buy a set of 15" Rover 400 Alloys for £50 off ebay (i kknow what your thinking, but i will be repainting these, they'll look cool, i hope)

Thanks for your patience in reading all of this. I know a fair amount about these brilliant little cars but i would really appreciate any help with regards to the fitment and advantages of all the aboveparts.

Best regards

Humayun

welcome dude :) is the leak in the metal pipe, or is it coming from the rubber pipe? and which end is it leaking from? TB end or the other end?

also, the glanza fuel rail is the same, and dont use the glanza injectors lol, they'll just drown the spark

welcome dude <_< is the leak in the metal pipe, or is it coming from the rubber pipe? and which end is it leaking from? TB end or the other end?

also, the glanza fuel rail is the same, and dont use the glanza injectors lol, they'll just drown the spark

Thanks for the reply.

Th hole was in the small metal pipe, i looked at it this morning to see how i could patch it, whilst fiddling, i managed to snap the metal pipe (engine end). This actually made my lie easier. All i did was block off the throttle body pipe, and cover the now big hole by pulling the bigger coolant pipe snug up to the engine and secured with two jubilee clamps.

I dont know if that made much sense but the leak is sorted, engine staying at good temp and fan is working.

I will be replacing the thermostat as the cold start doesnt seem to be working.

Progress is slow, but im staying optimistic. :p