ACT 6 Puck or Competition Clutch 6 Puck?

i have a spec 6 paddle clutch came with a release bearing that died after bout 500 miles wont be buying 1 of them again :o

i have the same clutch in my car n its ruined the car for me :) biggest waste of money i ever spent :D

its super juddery, crap if theres n e traffic n have to rev the guts out the car the reverse up my drive way :D and its ruined my engine mounts so all in all never ever by a spec clutch

p.s there ment to be able to handle 350bhp yet on full boost i get clutch slip in 2nd n 3rd yet ill be lucky if i had 180bhp lmao

sorrys to spam :o

i have the same clutch in my car n its ruined the car for me :D biggest waste of money i ever spent :)

its super juddery, crap if theres n e traffic n have to rev the guts out the car the reverse up my drive way :D and its ruined my engine mounts so all in all never ever by a spec clutch

p.s there ment to be able to handle 350bhp yet on full boost i get clutch slip in 2nd n 3rd yet ill be lucky if i had 180bhp lmao

sorrys to spam :o

I've no intentions of buying a spec clutch lol, interesting to hear though lol.

D

clutches don't just go. Surely you knew it was on its way out. Guessin you bought a dodgy exedy as even standard Toyota ones hold 160. Plus i thought u were runnin .4? Maybe fitted wrong? Why u want a paddle if ya not going bigger than hybrid due to lag. I'd think about it more n use back up cars for the week. Upto you though.

clutches don't just go. Surely you knew it was on its way out. Guessin you bought a dodgy exedy as even standard Toyota ones hold 160. Plus i thought u were runnin .4? Maybe fitted wrong? Why u want a paddle if ya not going bigger than hybrid due to lag. I'd think about it more n use back up cars for the week. Upto you though.

Its a brand new clutch. Exedy OEM replacement from Eurocarparts so it cant be a copy. Even though it turns out to be a Valeo kit in an exedy box. And I am but will be going back up within the next week. There's no way to fit a clutch wrong. Held fine first 2 gears but when under load in 3rd 4th 5th it started to slip. Plus i'm anal about my cars and make sure everything is fitted spot on. And because i've ran paddle clutches before and prefer the feel and operation of one. Plus it'll be ideal for whatever power I decide to chase. Over christmas i'll be going for more power anyway so may aswell uprate the clutch now so its out of the way.

D

its not even exedy? Let alone a copy. I'd be annoyed if i bought some Nike trainers and in the box they were hi tec. Out of your two choices I'd go competition. I went exedy paddle because of price and tmd demo car ran one all year at 300 plus in the sprint series. Hope you get it sorted dude. Going glee Thorpes meet?

its not even exedy? Let alone a copy. I'd be annoyed if i bought some Nike trainers and in the box they were hi tec. Out of your two choices I'd go competition. I went exedy paddle because of price and tmd demo car ran one all year at 300 plus in the sprint series. Hope you get it sorted dude. Going glee Thorpes meet?

Thats what I thought matey, but he assured me thats how they all came. He also guaranteed that it would take atleast 170bhp and not bother it. The other one they have on the shelf is identical. I'd rather go for an uprated unit now so it saves me having to split engine/box at a later date. Plus someones offered me a like new TD04 for mates rates so I kinda accepted. And me too. And yeah i've put my name down for it. Should be there all being well. How about you?

D

its shouldnt come in an exedy box, mine came in a valeo box, was told its the same clutch but wont hold as much power

It shouldnt but it does matey. I checked the contents when I picked it up due to the amount of fakes rolling around. Guy guaranteed me it was genuine. They've offered a full refund anyway so cant complain.

D