MOT failure - drat drat and double drat

Right well car (96 glanza V) failed mot today

(cat) exhaust has part missing

emissions excessive at idle

emissions excessive after 2nd idle

also

ABS lamp not coming on

CV gaitor

there seems to be so much conflicting info on cats but whats the deal?? does it need one, can i adjust my emange blue to lower the emissions??

abs and cv gaitor not to much bother as im gonna remove all the sensors for the abs

my understanding is the car doesnt have to have the cat fitted provided it can still pass the basic emisions test which if its maped correctly it should.

abs wise u either have to remove all the abs parts from the car as if it has them it most work or if u need a temp fix is times are tough u can pikey style the light so ull pass the mot but obv ud still want to get it sorted asap

my understanding is the car doesnt have to have the cat fitted provided it can still pass the basic emisions test which if its maped correctly it should.

abs wise u either have to remove all the abs parts from the car as if it has them it most work or if u need a temp fix is times are tough u can pikey style the light so ull pass the mot but obv ud still want to get it sorted asap

just fault diag'd abs and appears it the front right speed sensor so hopefully a clean will sort it!!

sounds good i had a prob with mine for ages would come on every now and again. then found out the pattern it would come on in the shitty weather and when i power washed the car it would go off again so musta been getting some shit stuck in it. nice when its a good cheap easy fix :p