Juddering persists..

I've had a problem with the starlet for a while now. To keep it short; when lightly on the throttle at around 2000rpm i get hesitation and sometimes (usually when up hill or going round an island) a lot of juddering. Also, if you're lightly building up speed in a high gear it feels as if the car is holding back and then it will suddenly come to life after a short time. I don't think it's anything ignition related as most things have been replaced with new parts however, these are the things i've tried so far:

- Ignition leads

- MAF sensor

- ICV

- Injectors

- Unplugged the TPS, same problems occur

Could it be possible that the cambelt isn't timed up correctly? Only reason i say this is that it was replaced shortly before i bought the car.

I really dont think it is a misfire as the car just judders and never really 'misses' lol. Spark plugs are more or less brand new and are all installed correctly. Swapped king lead when i replaced the ignition leads and that wasn't the problem. I'll check the dizzy over again but it's all new! :| Really want to get to the end of this problem now lol

need a tool like this pretty sure the spark plug gaps are listed on tgtt. any garage or anything would prob check it for u so u dont have to get the tool only take a couple mins todo worth the check its only a couple quid always best to start with the cheap things first :p

• 1 month later...

Have you found out the problem ? i had exactly the same thing, Did a diagnostic check and nothing appeared,

Replaced Rotar arm, and it improved, Replaced Dizzy cap and it improved even more, replaced spark plugs and it improved more too, still had a problem until 2 weeks ago one of my intercooler pipes had popped off, since then i havnt had no juddering, so i can only assume that was the problem, boost leak...