Where I've Gone Since The Starlet...

Think that was for people tonight though, judging by the weather it looks as though it will be sorted for tomorrow evening.

Here's the forecast:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/6296627

Wind looks completely normal and doesn't look like any snow, which is always a good thing in a new RWD car, especially one with 340-odd BHP!

Niiiiiccceee :) Im totally un-decided what to do just now, been looking at M3's, Evo 8's that kind thing, something newer,nicer and fast standard so i dont have to do anything as im totally off the modding game just now BUT sensible head tells me to buy an average car and save cash :p

Yours is the prefect colour,and seems a prime example :p I couldnt hack the SMG box though, alwasy gotta have a clutch lol.Where abouts in Scotland you picking it from?

Exactly how I felt really, I'm a bit of a gadget lover which is what leant be towards the M3, this one has all the optional extras with the exception of the rear blind so loads of bits and bobs to play about with!

These can be had REALLY cheap now if you're willing to look at the ones with higher mileage, I've seen some respectable ones go for £8k, but then there's obviously the risk of something going wrong, but isn't there always?!

I wouldn't make the most of an Evo, and I want RWD, for me the E46 is prettier, I do like Evo's but I just love the styling on this.

Glad you like the colour, seems a bit marmite but some of them are just so lairy and I don't want to be waving my willy around in a "look at me" type fashion. I prefer to blend in with the crowd and let the people who know what they are appreciate them rather than yelling in their face!

I'm picking it up from Falkirk buddy.

After a fantastic journey back and being very lucky with the weather I've managed to give it a clean so thought I'd give you all an update!

Rough idea of the spec:

2004 SMG Silver/Grey with 52,000 on the clock, (52,500 since the journey back!)

SMG Gearbox

Sat Nav

Electric Sunroof

Heated Seats

Centre Armrest

Electric Folding Mirrors

19" Alloy Wheels (Refurbished Last Year)

Harmon Kardon Audio

Bluetooth Phone Prep

Full Service History

After a long overnight 8 hour drive though some slightly dodgy weather (I was bloody lucky it wasn't a lot worse) it arrived home. Obviously this time of year you get all sorts of stuff on the roads that you don't want on your car, including salt! I had to make sure this was all removed immediately so I went ahead and used APC on all my wheelarches and the lower half of the car to ensure it was removed as best as possible.

The car will be taken off the road over winter and I will be spending several days detailing it to the best of my ability to make it look as close to spotless I can!

In the meantime, after a clean with the 2 bucket method and some Optimum Detailer and Gloss Enhancer. Sadly straight after cleaning it I had to go out before I could get pictures so it's a tiny bit dirty (note tyres etc) but anyway, here are some pictures for you all!

mqriz.jpg

AqIxK.jpg

xvRXJ.jpg

gjYBq.jpg

a01Tx.jpg

Wear to the leather is really minimal and great for it's age:

ipi31.jpg

IVsAO.jpg

My initial plans were to get CSL rims as soon as I could afford them, however after giving them a good clean I am starting to wonder if it's really that much of an urgency. These were refurbed to a high standard last year and look fantastic once cleaned properly! Please note that it isn't damage you can see, it's water droplets that kept coming back! They really are perfect.

NCHVO.jpg

Thanks for looking, comments welcome!

BMW perfection right there!

CSL wheels are nice, however I'd be inclined to stick with the originals especially as they are in such good condition. They usually suffer badly from lacquer peel, looks like someone did a very good job on refurbing them.

That looks stunning mate, enjoy it when its on the road!

Loving the wheels as well :-)

They're really growing on me, look stunning when they're clean at night and a light shines on them, polished finish is awesome and I think I'd miss it with the CSL's.

BMW perfection right there!

CSL wheels are nice, however I'd be inclined to stick with the originals especially as they are in such good condition. They usually suffer badly from lacquer peel, looks like someone did a very good job on refurbing them.

Thanks buddy, glad you like it! Yep, I'm definitely swaying towards it. At first I'd intended to remove some weight from it as some parts of these may aswell be made of lead. However, after going for a couple of serious drives I'm pretty sure I'd kill myself if it lost any weight so I think I'll be keeping it as BMW intended! In sport mode the car is an absolute beast, drives nothing like any of my previous cars and I'm absolutely amazed how perfect the car is to drive. The noise is.. Oh.. My.. God.. The noise. :)

That's a fkin amazing example mate I bet your well chuffed , me and the wife used to own an e36 m3 evo and we loved it....

Absolutely delighted mate, nothing better than seeing 50 year old men in their 320's looking at you with envy haha. Bet the E36's are a hoot to drive, styling isn't to my taste personally but I'd settle for any M car having driven this I think!