How about a new year 5e project :)

James just posted this on my wall the little shit, now i might have to go buy it! I have been toying of starting another project now that my starlet is up and running.

Want to go forged 5e at some point in the ep70 and its a fairly expensive process so wanted to start getting the parts bit by bit, James showed me a complete bottom 5e for sale on ebay I have got some spare cash lieing around :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130612944810?ssP...984.m1423.l2649

Wanted some advice on if its to expensive, worth a shot or leave it. I will be forged so am i right in saying i will only need the block and the crank?

Cheers guys

Taggy

James just posted this on my wall the little shit, now i might have to go buy it! I have been toying of starting another project now that my starlet is up and running.

Want to go forged 5e at some point in the ep70 and its a fairly expensive process so wanted to start getting the parts bit by bit, James showed me a complete bottom 5e for sale on ebay I have got some spare cash lieing around :)

Wanted some advice on if its to expensive, worth a shot or leave it. I will be forged so am i right in saying i will only need the block and the crank?

Cheers guys

Taggy

its about the same as forging a 4E may be a little more depending on the price you can get the rods for,

and yeah your need the block, crank and the rods if you use std ones,

lol sorry i think you misunderstood me, i meant was the engine for sale ok for the price/suitable :)

its about the same as forging a 4E may be a little more depending on the price you can get the rods for,

and yeah your need the block, crank and the rods if you use std ones,

yeah i wasnt exactly sure what the going rate was for an engine :) I thought it was fairly expensive too, especially without the head and not knowing if its fucked or not.

I guess you can buy a whole car for not much more, but like you said they are getting rare now and i would also have the hassle of taking the engine out and then scrapping the shell.

:p

Will watch it and see how it goes

Cheers guys

Taggy

Hahahaha, i knew you would like it mate lol. Yeah like you said its no hassle with this like it would be buying a full car, simply pick it up stick some forged parts in there and get a head and your sorted, you have yourself a fully forged 5E :-) Make him an offer if i was you, if you was to collect it aswell he may drop the price as he wouldnt have to pay for postage and its less hassle, at the same time you could inspect it incase it may be damaged :-)

By the way have you recieved the actuautor yet???

I think your right socks, that bottom end isnt much use unless you have a head and I dont want to break my 4e for one as i will sell it to pay towards the 5ebuild.

I really want to build this engine my self but i cant find anyone whos done a walkthough guide on how to build either a 4e or a 5e for that matter. There is a really good video on youtube but his english isnt good enough to be able to follow what hes talking about 100%

Maybe i can pay someone to build it for me.

u can buy a paseo for sub 500quid lol...

thats wat id do! then u got more then everything youd need :)