Car takes while to start

I understand that its very diffucalt to say why it isnt starting first time but all i want it possibilitys and suggestions please!

So first thing in the morning when the engine is cold, it will start first time every time,

But once the engine is up to overating temp and has been switched off for more then 10-15mins, it will take maybe 3-5 seconds to start, the engine turns off it just wont start up

If i were to stall the car and start it up straight away, it would start straight away, as i say just when the car has been off for more then 10 or so mins

Thanks for any ideas!

When this was happening to mine a had to buy a new battery, see if it starts up smoother with some jump leads or you can buy some copper brush on stuff for your battery terminals which get a better spark, check your spark plugs, best to run lower grades in the winter, may not be any of these things just my experience

When this was happening to mine a had to buy a new battery, see if it starts up smoother with some jump leads or you can buy some copper brush on stuff for your battery terminals which get a better spark, check your spark plugs, best to run lower grades in the winter, may not be any of these things just my experience

Might be the battery, but i dont think so as if its been sat for a day or 2, it will start first time every time, where as when ive drove it recently the battery should be fuller as the altonator should have charged the battery up fully while driving meaning it would start easier i would think?

a local garage should be able to do a battery test, am sure its just something simple, these cars don't like the cold just go around the ht leads make sure its all good maybe check the dizzy cap

Ive had a new rotar arm, dizzy cap, and spark plugs last month, and it hasnt improved, HT leads were resistance checked and were fine

Not a 100% but im sure the reg should be set at 30psi not 40 could be rong though but it dose sound like its fuel related (over fueling) given what you have said that could be why it takes its time to start.

I do think its fuel related too as it only happens when the engine is warm, my tutor said at college set it between 30-40psi, it was 65psi :D

Had it on the RR a few weeks ago and he said fueling was fine, but somthing not right :D

I'll try get a battery start test done today or tomorrow