Best place for custom exhausts in south west?

Its my birthday in a few weeks time and im getting money towards a cat back system with a 2'' tipped back box for my n/a starlet. Ive emailed a few people and this is what ive got:

infinity bristol £240

longlife bristol £269

prospeed cardiff £290

powerflow taunton £350

performance 3000 yovil £360 (powerflow)

at the moment im heading towards the infinty one due to the price but can anyone tell me if any of these are better or not very good as i only fancy buying an exhaust once :)

any other places that custom make exhausts would be great if anyone knows of any :D

james

I can vouch for Prospeed but they are a bit pricey..2" straight through (brilliant when you're in the mood but I would leave one silencer in if you don't want it to drone, maybe I'm just getting old lol) with a 3.5" straight cut, Apexi N1 style custom box

00835474.jpg

IMG00416-20100511-1033.jpg

IMG00435-20100512-1715.jpg

IMG00432-20100512-1714.jpg

IMG00452-20100513-2027.jpg

I would avoid anywhere where they do not provide mandrel bending i.e powerflow.

You want the full diameter piping at every angle/bend of your new system which is what mandrel bending allows.

Pipe bending will create uneven diameters at each bend creating flow restrictions, i.e oem or powerflow.

The general quality of SS is also quite poor as I used to own a powerflow.

Prospeed seems your best bet, Amjads looks top quality :)

Joz

ask them :)

i had my pipe made by infinity about 3 years ago and has lasted well, but due to my car being so low it kinda scraped the metal away from the flexi :( but will more than likely be going back to get another made up :)

yeh it seems to be mate, as said its been 3 years since i have been there so im unsure of what they are like now but i cant imagine much would have changed :)

ask them a few questions, i.e do they mandrel bend and wether the pipes are made from stainless steel and if yes to both i say go for it :) they have a variety of back boxes aswell :)

I can vouch for Prospeed but they are a bit pricey..2" straight through (brilliant when you're in the mood but I would leave one silencer in if you don't want it to drone, maybe I'm just getting old lol) with a 3.5" straight cut, Apexi N1 style custom box

00835474.jpg

IMG00416-20100511-1033.jpg

IMG00435-20100512-1715.jpg

IMG00432-20100512-1714.jpg

IMG00452-20100513-2027.jpg

Cant beat Charlie lol funny as fuck fairplay to him haha

Hey i just had an exhuast done and i too had the same problems of finding someone to do it at a reasonable price, was going to goto prospeed in cardiff who quoted me £260 but then i found someone who was half the price!

They are a company called X-Zorst in Bridgend, i had a custom intercooler pipework made up and a full 2.5" system with a flexi and back box for only £250 for both!!!

I believe the exhaust system was about £140 which was a bloody bargain, hes a great guy and will literaly make anything you want, he does loads of custom metal work and welding, so if you want somthing made hes the man :) My build thread has pics, i had my system hidden as it was a sleeper but he can do anything you fancy.

My mate had an exhaust done my infinity and the quality was second to none!

Highly recommend them :thumbsup:

I also would highly recomend infinity.

had the cat taken out and modified the center section to aid ground clearence and i was very impressed with the quality.