Fallen in love with the Glanza need more info!

Recently bought myself an SR to serve as a cheap runabout and came here to get some info on a couple of things. Love the SR, great fun to drive, insurance is ok because its not very fast etc. Noticed most of you seem to drive Glanzas. What is the performance like compared to the SR? Whats the insurence group and is it effected by it being an import? I like the look of them and thinking about having a closer inspection because ive fallen in ove with Starlets!

Hi there,

The performance stock for stock is quite noticeable although the NA variants are pretty nippy for what they are. We used to own an SR many years ago and converted it to 4efte which is the stock GT/Glanza engine. Being turbo they have a lot of potential over the NA.

With regards to insurance groups most companies grade them as a 14 although this does vary from place to place. Shop around and see the best you can find, from experience Elephant are pretty good although we now have trade insurance. We have a few more on route as well as the cheaper GT's so if you need any help then don't hesitate to ask.

Many of the members on here are pretty helpful and I'm sure you can find a wealth of information.

Kind Regards,

Toby@ Toy Tuning

Hi Tony

You say the GT Turbo is cheaper - is that insurance, to buy or both? Are they all import or are there Brit versions? What price range are the ones you buy in?

Cheers

Andre

Welcome matey.

Both the gt turbo and glanza v are imports.

also along with the glanza s (1.3 n/a , with the v kit)

The gt turbo alot of people find is cheaper to insure, mainly because its slightly older so the value of it will be slightly lower.

Alot of insurers dont yet have the Glanza V down on there computers, no idea why this is.. You just might find that you have to ring around a few to find one who even lists it.

Have a look under our insurance thread to see who people are with and what they pay :rolleyes:

as for the price ranges, all of the models seem to have shot up with the increased popularity of them now.

I would expect a nice condition Glanza V to sell for around the 4-6k mark, depending on the mods it includes.

That price is for a spankingly fresh import with all of the sva test work carried out on it, taxed and mot'd.

As for the GT Turbo's , id expect you to pay around the 3k-5k mark, for a fresh import with all of the work carried out to be legal.

You will find them to be cheaper if there pre owned by a uk owner. Allthough more than likely they wont be standard.

To put it into perspective, i payed 4.5 for mine 1&1/2 years ago. Fresh import. Bog standard. Thats when they common at all. Allthough at the time, the GT Turbos were becoming more popular.

Hope thats some help to you matey :p