aluminium fan shroud - civic rad setup

in order to aid cooling i have been looking at fan shrouds as there are quite a few benefits from it like directing the air more better and cooling the rad better.

i have seen the ones used on the civic dual core rads and i am wondering if anyone has one fitted to there car and could tell me how it differs and notice any gains with it.

heres a quick line to see what they look like

http://www.yonaka.co...d_p/ymar020.htm

Edited by Raffa_MK

I've pretty much just made exactly that shroud on the cnc machine at work. Havent run it as yet but from all the reading I've done they're of more benefit than not running one as they help draw from the full surface of the radiator.

I think nightspirit ran something similar on his old gt. I can see the theory behind them being more effective when the fans running but I would imagine its white restrictive when driving as its reducing the surface area that air can rush through. Or is that just me?

Rob

im actually in the process of designing 1 of these to fit the civic rads. i know you can buy them already but ill be advertising them in my trading section

is it actually in the works? and at what cost? also time to make as i am looking to buy one in the next 3 weeks , pm me details