Basically i want to begin saving to turbo my sportif! Im looking around on eBay and most the engines are from the same braker and vary between £800-£900... They seem to be demanding there own price because there the main eBay seller of engines..

Whats your personal opinion? Do you think there overpricing and i shouldnt pay that much for the engine?

What would be my best option in buying an engine?

Only interested as im making a spreadsheet up to cover the overal costings and to give me an idea of how much i need to save!

Lewis.

No matter what budget you set, you WILL go over doing a conversion :)

Engine should be £350-£450 depending on mileage/compressions/proof.

Easiest thing to do is find a fucked Glanza so you have all the bits needed in the 1 go.

Yeah thats very true. So i should forget about the stupid ebay £800 ones?

I'd like to buy a smashed glanza, but still they hold there value becuase of the breaking value..

I was looking into buying running GT Turbo's, can pick them up for under a £1000... and there easier to convert with the looms (I've read)

Wheres the best places to find engines? I havent seen any for the kind of price range..:(

H'mm an interesting subject for me ATM as I'm in the middle of converting my n/a in my personal opinion there overpriced there are bargain engines to be had you just need to be patient and wait for them to come having said that decent low mileage engines are getting harder and harder to find for the right money but they are still there. The average going rate for a decent engine is about £500.

I would imagine paying the going rates for the cost of a conversion could range between £500-1500 depending on what extent you go and how much of a bargain hunter you are.

Rob

H'mm an interesting subject for me ATM as I'm in the middle of converting my n/a in my personal opinion there overpriced there are bargain engines to be had you just need to be patient and wait for them to come having said that decent low mileage engines are getting harder and harder to find for the right money but they are still there. The average going rate for a decent engine is about £500.

I would imagine paying the going rates for the cost of a conversion could range between £500-1500 depending on what extent you go and how much of a bargain hunter you are.

Rob

Personally id like to budget around £800-£1000 and do it on the SEVERE cheap.

Have it running as a completely standard 4E-FTE fix any niggles and go from there..

Edited by Zeldoz

In that case buying a damaged v is prob the way to go. Yes gt looks are easier to splice in but a v loom (interior ans engine) and clocks with stalks would be a direct swap and there would still be money in it to make back by breaking what's left.

Rob

im in middle of converting mine at the moment and all its cost me to do mine is £280 lol

Mines cost £45 :lol:

Can someone please shed some light as to why its costings you both next to nothing!?

I know the V is all swapping straight over, is it literally pull my sportif loom out and replace with the V and new wiper stalks ect..?

The only thing that theroetically need splicing is ignition?

Can someone please shed some light as to why its costings you both next to nothing!?

I know the V is all swapping straight over, is it literally pull my sportif loom out and replace with the V and new wiper stalks ect..?

The only thing that theoretically need splicing is ignition?

i thought this but trust ep82 looms are harder to deal with better to just buy a glanza loom ecu and clocks as i found out

i brought a gt for £1000 broke it for spares and kept what i needed after spending £280 on clocks glanza loom and ecu its cost me £280 b ut my gt had a full cage and some mods etc so made my grand back and still have interior and doors etc left over which i havent sold lol

but i may be putting mine back to standard as its looking like i need a more economical car for work...

The engines are hard to get hold of in good conditon. I've got one here in excellent condition and have it advertised for £750 (with all ancillaries)

yeah i know lots of people who have spent £700-£800 on decent engine

Got all my bits for converting mines for next to nothing aswell sold my glanza for 3.5k baught the ep95 for around 1800ish and paid 1k for a Tidy gt with 70k on it. took what i needed from it, still made a profit breaking the gt and used that to buy glanza wiring looms, clocks and ecu, turbokit, clutch, recaros and glanza body parts etc

If i could start again i wouldnt have bothered with the bodykit. Id buy a smashed glanza and set about it.

Ive had all these bits ready to go for over a year and havent even made a start on it. Tax runs out at the end of the month so that gives me an excuse:d

i originally bought a dmaged gt but on the way home after buying it it started with the dreaded bottom end knock! :( so i broke this and made a little proffit and was left witha few little intesting bits, but i was still in the same boat with no running 4efte.

once i could get my sr off the road for a bit i sold on my exhaust and manifold and a few other bits of my n/a that i wasnt going to need and bits that i still had lying about. which gave me enough to buy a 4efte engine and gearbox which included a nearly new exedy clutch a spliced loom off mr lang a exhaust and fmic just got a few more bits to buy will prob end up costing me another £400-£500 as im doing a few other bits while its out but there not essential if you hunt around for bargains they can be done if id not had the stuff to sell on it would have cost about £700 :)

Rob