Really don't want to do this but........

Really don't want to have to do this but I think the little GT is going to have to give way! I have tried putting up with living with it day to day for a year but as my little girl isn't quite as little anymore think I gotta bite bullet and get a 5 door and a bigger boot! (so the little GT will be up for sale soon!) I have about 5k to spend I still need boost(can't get rid of that ha ha!) so have whittled my choices down to something in the VAG group! Has anyone ever had experience with a seat Leon Cupra R the later model at 225bhp as they seam to be the complete package and not too bad running costs and insurance seems way cheaper to equivalent specced Golf? Anyone had dealings with these? Any help greatly appreciated! or other reccomendations?

Bill.

I had a 53 reg Audi S3 Quattro with some OEM extras, absolutely brilliant all round. It was remapped so making around 260 and it was quick! I sold it for £5k, it was gone within 4 days of listing it. I'd seriously recommend one, only thing is they're 3 door. Here's mine:

260150cd.jpg

The Leon uses the same engine so if you need 4 doors I'm sure it would be as much fun apart from the handling (thanks to the Quattro system). I had a Cupra TDI and it was an excellent car, nice interior, driving position but I haven't driven a Cupra R so can't comment on performance too much.

That Quattro looks awesome yea did look at s3 always liked them but it is the 3 door thing. I wouldn't get rid of the little GT if I could put up with the 3 doors I would just make her get a smaller buggy lol ( the mrs that is!) would the Quattro system make that much of a difference in handling? How did the TDI compare as I would have one but just couldn't put up without the sound and smell of petrol engines!

Bill.

The 150 TDI has a fair bit of poke, plenty of torque too. It didn't compare to the S3 in the handling department though. I'd say the S3 handled better than my old TD04'd GT that had a Quaiffe diff, D2 coilovers, strut braces, ALK, Whiteline ARBs etc