Seems to be running rich

Hey guys, my car seems to be running really rich recently. Quite a strong smell of fuel coming out the exhaust on start-up, idle and general driving. It's running on the standard ecu and have only noticed it recently. It has been decatted for ages but only now seems to be quite strong, Im also using Sh*t loads of fuel :(

Is there anything i can do myself to have a look and check for?

Thanks alot. Tobie

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It could be the O2 sensor or the water temp sensor, check what voltage you are getting at the O2 connection on the diagnostic port when its running, if its 0 volts then the O2 sensor could be faulty or the connection could be bad, if its below 0.2 volts then it could be the temp sensor but that will need more checking.

where is this o2 connection on the diag port?

Mine smells rich but how do you know whats neat or burnt? I've always assumed its since fitting my mani decat etc and turning boost up?

I had a stronger smell of petrol than usual for a few days knew i had a small leak in the exhaust but this was much more than usual well anyways i went to fit a whole new exhaust system an spotted a big crack thru me decat, so maybe that was where the smell was coming from, havent sorted it yet so cldnt tell ya if its gone but check ya decats an manis just in case.

• 5 months later...