Dump valve seems to be blowing oil through.

Hey guys.

I seem to have noticed that my dump valve has started blow some oil through. Does anyone know the source of the problem and what could be causing this?

Also after removing the air con, the oil breather pipe on the top of the rocker was not connected into anything?.. Does this need to go in somewhere?

Any help would be appreciated,

Cheers as always guys.

Oil from the dump valve normally means turbo seals are on their last legs. Any blue smoke at all?

Take the hot pipe off the turbo and check for oil. Clean Out the intercooler pipes and see if oil returns.

The breather had no relation to air con. You can leave it open to atmosphere no prob it get a catch can plumbed in.

Oil from the dump valve normally means turbo seals are on their last legs. Any blue smoke at all?

Take the hot pipe off the turbo and check for oil. Clean Out the intercooler pipes and see if oil returns.

The breather had no relation to air con. You can leave it open to atmosphere no prob it get a catch can plumbed in.

No smoke at all mate no.

I meant when I relocated the air filter to the front bumper :D haha. my bad.

Edited by Matt1878

All turbo's pass a bit of oil through the charge side over time. If its a thin film of oil dont worry about it, if its spewing oil out do what jezza says.

Its not like pouring out and none is leaking through when idle obviously. Just seems to be blowing bits out now and again. ill give the whole thing a clean and then check it daily and see how much is actually coming out.

Cheers man :)

• 1 month later...

same here mate a little bit comes through mine nothing to worry about - so am told :)

Its all sorted now. It was a case of me cleaning the underside of the bonnet as I couldnt see how much was spraying. It looked loads and just got worried straight away. Turns out it hardly blow any at all. :)