Low mileage engine fitted from gt bitz Problems

Had a engine fitted from gt bitz but was put in by my local garage which is very reliable and always used them long story short had it in about a month now and noticed a few problems the engine oil light will flicker very faintly from time to time and the car won't boost properly and seems abit juddery at low revs but will idle perfectly could this be the engine or could it be that maybe its not plumbed in right any help or info much appreciated thanks

Hi

I have bought two engines from GTBitz and both have been great, I don't think these problems are anything major to worry about, a flickering oil light is most likely a dodgy connection to the oil pressure sensor, or in the very worst you may need a new sensor which is cheap and a DIY job. There is a single wire clip located on the front of the engine block to the right hand side, its to the left of the clutch cylinder.

Just pull it off clean up both contacts and then put it on, i reckon that will fix it.

What do you mean wont boost properly can you please describe it in more detail, what happens when you rev in 2nd say up to 7000rpm?

I'll give that sensor a look thanks for that it's just a bit worrying when you fork out over a grand to get it all swapped over well in low boost it's not too noticeable but when in high boost it's like the boost is there but the engines not ready for it it's really hesitant it sort of boost in drips and drabs if you get what I mean The engine is unmodified everything is stock other than exhaust system had a dump valve on to see if this would sort it but seemed to make it worse it's difficult to explain

Change the leads for some magnecores and get some decent plugs in there if that fails also change the dizzy cap and rotary arm.

Had the same issues you describe when I 1st got my car over from import should be a simple fix mate

Had new plugs and dizzy cap and standard leads put on just before Christmas and carried these over when the new engine was put in about a month ago there is no engine warning light coming on just the oil light faintly flickering from time to time and the boost problem just want it running rite had nothing but problems since I owned it