ZEP Racing Panhard Rod query

Hey guys

I was looking at getting this ZEP racing panhard rod

http://www.rhdjapan.com/zep-adjustable-lateral-rod-urethane-bushing-50423

It says that it allows adjustment of the rear toe?

Does anyone know whether I can fit my Meisters, get the alignment set up and then fit the panhard without the toe being anything other than 0?

Or would the toe be changing as I fit the rod thereby meaning I have to get alignment done after I fit it?

Thanks

Amjad

Really can not see how the toe can be adjusted on a straight axle :s

When fitting the panhard rod it will through out the alignment of the rear wheels to the front, may be worth getting one fitted and a full allignment set-up, speak to LiamD hell sort you out :D

Yeah that's what confused me I couldn't see how it would affect the toe?

I was planning to get the Meisters on after getting hold of a panhard rod and getting the alignment done, but would a panhard rod really affect anything other than the axle causing rubbing at the back? Because I want to get these coilies on ASAP :p

id personally wait mate, when fitting the coilies and getting your desired height, youll prob know that the car tends to lower itself and the axles is pushed to one side (forgot which side, think its drivers side) so when going for alignment, it will show that the rear wheels and front wheels arn't running in parallel. if i still had my standard rod and you was closer, id come and swap you my RS*R as im selling up soonish.

Yeah it is the driver's side, it used to rub as it is now when I had spaceer

Cool cool you've helped me decide then, patience is not my strong point haha! Ah that's a shame, I should have one sorted soon though shame you're splitting the car I never got to see it :(

Yeah it will be a shame to weight but it will be worth it matey, do you have a RARB, id hold on for one of those aswell if you dont haha :p

I know matey, didnt think id want to get rid soo soon myself, all the parts aint gettin broke just little bits ot pull some extra cash together :(

• 3 months later...