How many points will i get on my licence for speeding?

Hi, i got caught speeding, 56mph in a 30 zone (not good!). anyway, the court date is soon and i was wondering how many points you lot think i might get

heres a pic of the area:

stainby.jpg

im going from left to right (60mph road), and got caught literally just after getting into the 30 limit. By the time i reached the blue line id slowed right down but the police man popped out the hedge to pull me over (he was at the yellow dot). the police mans statement says there were no other cars on the road and it was good weather conditions.

Am i looking at 6 points and £120+ fine?

depends on the judge man. i thought i was lookin at that but got 3points and £60 fine for "80 to 90mph in a 60" which was lies but nevertheless u get the idea.

really depends on the mood of the judge man, my solicitor got in really really early and caught the judge in a good mood, he was known to go into bad moods after a few hrs.

good luck with it man, keep us posted.

Phil.

Your looking at three points minimum and I would say six points maximum so always think ofr the worst :p

Who knows you may be lucky due to the police offers statement ;)

Hope everything goes well for you mate :p

I got 3 points and £60 fine, for 41mph in a 30 zone... you should ask ryno, he's usually good with finding facts and figures and posting the entire thread :p

But unlucky man, cops are just all over the place now.

There is a lesson for us all to learn...... buy a cop detector! :p

T

Guest Enzo

because your under the 30mph threshold it will be an automatic 3 points and sixty fine. if you were doin over 60 it would have been a different story.

as said, it's down to the magistrate on the day! could be as simple as 3 points and £60 then court costs which are about £35.

or there well within their right to give more point, more fine, stop you from driving for a while!

if you need your car for your job, then make sure you state it in your 'mitigating circumstances' which will come through in the court paper work before you attend!

thats your chance to tell the magistrate your side of events and if you need your car to earn money to live!

but tbh, if they choose to make an example of you then there's not much you can do!

as said, it's down to the magistrate on the day! could be as simple as 3 points and £60 then court costs which are about £35.

or there well within their right to give more point, more fine, stop you from driving for a while!

if you need your car for your job, then make sure you state it in your 'mitigating circumstances' which will come through in the court paper work before you attend!

thats your chance to tell the magistrate your side of events and if you need your car to earn money to live!

but tbh, if they choose to make an example of you then there's not much you can do!

i guess that all depends on where you are from as in scotland for doing 58 in a 60 he would get 3 points and £60 fine no need to see a magistrate you go to cop station pay the £60 fine and relevant steps for the points end of,but as geo says if you were going 3mph faster you would have been looking at a ban,so think yourself lucky.

The attitude of police officers varies right across the country. When i got my Black SR i was booting it everywhere, and managed to get pulled over 3 times in a month. All three of the times they were pretty cool about it and said just calm down as some officers hand out points like candy.

Then the fourth time i was actually caught doing 65+ in a 30 and was racing against a corsa. It was a straight road at about midnight. He pulled us over and was shouting in our faces and was pretty pissed off to say the least. The person in the other car, who happened to be my girlfriend, was nearly in tears. He took down our details after giving us the telling off of our lives and then said "consider that a the biggest warning you will ever have." He then let us go so for not giving us anything i shook his hand and said thank you. Ive only ever been pulled over once since the for a routine check.

So not all the police are bad you just have to speak to them in the right way.

When you go to court you could say the officer was hidden which is frowned upon as it's trying to catch you out. If he was further down the road i could understand but right near the zone where the limit changes is quite harsh to be fair. They can't expect you to brake that hard as it's dangerous.

Also go to the road where it happened and check if there are any warning signs that the limit changes before it actually changes as there HAS to be warning signs beforehand. If there isn't then take plenty of pictures of the approach to the change of limit so you can use them in your defence.

I know im lucky. Someone up there has definately been looking out for me.

And for the trip to London no i didn't. I was crapping it from that trip aswell as i went through about 3 cameras on the way down and another two on the way back. So i've had quite a bit of luck from cameras. I've slowed down quite a lot now thoguh because if you get away with doing 65+ in a 30 you don't get away with it twice.

I know that feeling :p

Bourkey your a lucky sod and your Mrs :p ;) :p

If only I could get away with that much :p:D:D

I know that feeling :p

Bourkey your a lucky sod and your Mrs :p ;) :p

If only I could get away with that much :p:D:D

I was very lucky i know. The funny thing was my mate got pulled over a week earlier for doing 45 in a 30 and he got 3 points. The only reason he was speeding was to catch up to me. :D:D:p

That was the one and only time my Mrs has been pulled over. She was nearly crying.

Like i said before it's the attitude of the officer and your attitude to him or her that matters.

i hope i only get 3 points and £60 fine, would be good for my insurance!

il post up what the result is in a few days

Post some pics up in the other section of your car aswell :p

Hope you don't get too many points matey

As someone mentioned, hiding round corners to catch drivers out is frowned upon.

Were you familiar with this road? If not you could use this in your defence, plus don't forget you need your car for work!!!

Hope it all goes well

Nath <_<

well your policeman was right he had good conditions if no other car was on road, suppose if you wanna be sneaky you make sure that the gun he used what calibrated that day and in working order, also ask for proof pic etc etc and also the only place he can aim the gun is at your number plate its the only flat surface on the car to give an accurate reading out, if it hit your bonnet etc etc the reading is false, or if he raised his arm quickly before aiming the gun at u the reading would be the speed of his arm and not your car. unfortunatly some police do this to make people appear to be speeding.

Hi, i got caught speeding, 56mph in a 30 zone (not good!). anyway, the court date is soon and i was wondering how many points you lot think i might get

heres a pic of the area:

stainby.jpg

im going from left to right (60mph road), and got caught literally just after getting into the 30 limit. By the time i reached the blue line id slowed right down but the police man popped out the hedge to pull me over (he was at the yellow dot). the police mans statement says there were no other cars on the road and it was good weather conditions.

Am i looking at 6 points and £120+ fine?

i was racing a civic type r before, over takin on the wrong side of the road goin towards a police car. they turned round and chased me an when they eventually caught up and pulled me i had 3 points an £60 so cant see u gettin any more than that